Garage Door Apps

JohnM20 replied on 02/12/2020 15:14

Posted on 02/12/2020 15:14

A garage door engineer told me today about mobile phone apps that allow the phone to be used as a remote device to open / close electric garage doors. Has anyone downloaded one of these apps? Do they work and, above all are they safe? If you have one, which app is it? There appears to be several available FOC on the App Store.

SeasideBill replied on 02/12/2020 19:37

Posted on 02/12/2020 15:14 by JohnM20

A garage door engineer told me today about mobile phone apps that allow the phone to be used as a remote device to open / close electric garage doors. Has anyone downloaded one of these apps? Do they work and, above all are they safe? If you have one, which app is it? There appears to be several available FOC on the App Store.

Posted on 02/12/2020 19:37

No direct experience of that particular application but if you can remotely control many household items from your heating system to your security system via a phone app, I see no reason why it shouldn’t be a perfectly good & safe option. I’d expect most good brands in that market to offer such products. 

Probably much more sophisticated and secure than the earlier remote control transmitters that used a limited range of frequencies. My neighbour had one and it sometimes opened the garage door when a plane flew overhead!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook