For attn of Bakers2 and friends

Pippah45 replied on 21/04/2017 09:44

Posted on 21/04/2017 09:44

Bakers2 thank you and yes I am still in France living on a roller coaster of mixed messages from doctors.  He was transferred to a hospital nearer home on  Good Friday and the greeting doctor told my SIL that he is dying.  That wasn't really a surprise to me no matter what the docs had been saying at the first hospital.  But on Tuesday same doctor is claiming he will probably live and be transferred for 3 weeks convalescence and then home!  SIL has made it very clear he can't come home!  He is morphined to just about unconsciousness although he usually knows I am visiting so how they think they can move him onto convalescence is a mystery.  If that means returning him to the appalling pain we saw before it doesn't really bear thinking about.  Hopefully Mother Nature will step in but you really wouldn't do this to a dog.  yell

On the brighter side this is a lovely area to visit and I am glad I have nursing experience to help me.  I know it's a shock when people die suddenly but I hope this sort of thing doesn't happen to me.  I am going off for a break tomorrow but it won't be easy not really knowing what's going on especially as SIL doesn't see things the way I do!  Life can be hard sometimes that is for sure.  

Bakers2 replied on 21/04/2017 09:57

Posted on 21/04/2017 09:57

Pippah thanks for the update. Thoughts are with you. Sounds like French care about the same as ours 🙁. It's awful to watch, I did with my father, and can't tell you how many times I told the hospital I'd be prosecuted for keeping an animal like it. But they were good at pain control eventually.

Yes sudden death is dreadful and takes a lot for those left behind to come to terms with but once you can look back you have 'normal'images and memories and youre not trying to shake off the last suffering days,  that takes years and doesn't really go.

Try to stay strong and 'enjoy' your break you need to take care of you as well. I'm sure your dogs will be a comfort and ensure you get out and about daily. We are always here if you need to get anything off your chest 😉

Tammygirl replied on 21/04/2017 13:56

Posted on 21/04/2017 13:56

Pippah, I can't add anymore to what Bakers has already said. Its a sad and difficult time for you. Take care.

Pippah45 replied on 21/04/2017 13:56

Posted on 21/04/2017 13:56

Thank you for the kind thoughts.  Today he was a bit alert when I arrived so I told him I am taking a break by the sea.  He then said I had been marvelous bless him.  So I definitely know he appreciates me being here.  I thought he knew but now I am certain which helps.

Sorry about your father it is hard. We managed to keep both parents at home which was nice for them as that was what they wanted. Unless I can take Nick home with me he isn't going to have the choice. We shall have to see.

Pippah45 replied on 27/04/2017 18:31

Posted on 27/04/2017 18:31

Thank you brue,  I am enjoying a break away for a bit since it seems the worst may be past us.  I know we aren't alone with suffering its just quite hard when it's in a different country too.  My brother has always done life the complicated way so it seems nothing changes!  

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook