Duvalay mattress toppers

funky sue replied on 03/06/2019 18:11

Posted on 03/06/2019 18:11

Hi i am thinking of purchasing a couple of 66cm mattress toppers. Can anyone advise if they have purchased the 2.5cm or if the 5cm is worth the extra money? Is it worth investing in the zipped sheets? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Bakers2 replied on 03/06/2019 18:34

Posted on 03/06/2019 18:34

We have had duvalay toppers, 2 singles that don't pull apart, easier to store 😉 for probably 11 years, from before they were called duvalay 😉. Not sure on the depth but we reckon 1.5 inches, motorhome not stored at home so can't check. Extremely comfortable and we make our bed up out of cushions which we could feel hence the purchase. 

We also invested in the zipped sheets. Full length zips on the long side easy to fit and remove. Means they can be rolled and stay in place. I'm good with a needle and thread but don't know where/if you can buy 6 foot zips so hassle free as far as I'm concerned.

Ult1mat3X replied on 07/06/2019 03:59

Posted on 07/06/2019 03:59

I went for the premium mattress overlay ... look here - http://www.clarkrubber.com.au/foam-and-bedding/bedding-and-sleep-solutions/foam-mattress-overlays.html?comfort=828#productslisting .
It has a price tag, but worth every single cent.

Put it onto my mattress at home a few weeks before I made my way to live in a caravan continuously and I tell you what. Should have gone that way ages ago. What an improvement. Sure took it with me into the van and it is doing a fantastic job.

But. Do not forget. You get what you pay for !

Regards

anglian replied on 09/07/2019 22:27

Posted on 09/07/2019 22:27

I have been looking at the zipped sheets, but how in practice do they work? Just putting the topper in means you still have to make up the rest of the bed with mattress cover and sheet so how does the mattress topper in its sheet stay anchored on the bed? A transverse bed only has two corners that can have elastic straps on. Does anyone know of a manufacturer that makes really deep fitted sheets that will incorporate the mattress plus the topper without riding up? Our transverse beds’ mattress folds down from the top in day position and we have a foam mattress topper from Dunelm which I am about to cut to fit the bed

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook