DIY Disasters

brue replied on 31/05/2018 11:24

Posted on 31/05/2018 11:24

My brother in law once used up nine rolls of expensive wallpaper to paper a small half tiled washroom containing a loo and basin. People came from far and wide to inspect the jagged edges and mismatched patterns. laughing

What have you or yours done that the family have never forgotten or forgiven... wink

Bakers2 replied on 31/05/2018 14:40

Posted on 31/05/2018 14:40

OH took a look and fiddle - no idea why these 35+ years later 😉 under the bonnet and a new recon engine was required 😲😲😲. He has just been allowed to check oil and water unsupervised.

Currently grappling with new patio table assembly. All going well except for last screw which keeps turning apparently 😲.

Generally very good at DIY and makes a jolly good job of it all 😆

Takethedogalong replied on 31/05/2018 21:35

Posted on 31/05/2018 21:35

I got a tad over zealous when we renovated an old caravan. We cracked on and had it all spic and span for its first trip, down to Cornwall. First night we were laid in bed, enjoying our new toy, lights out........Then the heavens opened and we had a huge deluge right over the middle of the bed from the little air vent. It was proper Cornish rain, didn't let up for hours, we had to take vent out completely, shove an umbrella up the hole and then carefully open it, tied off to something to stop it blowing away! Cue much hilarity amongst our friends and neighbour's on the CL next morning! I had to confess to unscrewing the vent to give it a good clean, little realising I had cracked the old sealant on the outside!embarassed Once the rain stopped, it took 10 minutes to sort out, a line of new sealant, screwed back up, but friends have never let me forget it!laughing The moral is..........don't be over zealous with old vans, they can be a tad temperamental!

EmilysDad replied on 01/06/2018 00:23

Posted on 31/05/2018 21:35 by Takethedogalong

I got a tad over zealous when we renovated an old caravan. We cracked on and had it all spic and span for its first trip, down to Cornwall. First night we were laid in bed, enjoying our new toy, lights out........Then the heavens opened and we had a huge deluge right over the middle of the bed from the little air vent. It was proper Cornish rain, didn't let up for hours, we had to take vent out completely, shove an umbrella up the hole and then carefully open it, tied off to something to stop it blowing away! Cue much hilarity amongst our friends and neighbour's on the CL next morning! I had to confess to unscrewing the vent to give it a good clean, little realising I had cracked the old sealant on the outside!embarassed Once the rain stopped, it took 10 minutes to sort out, a line of new sealant, screwed back up, but friends have never let me forget it!laughing The moral is..........don't be over zealous with old vans, they can be a tad temperamental!

Posted on 01/06/2018 00:23

brue replied on 01/06/2018 09:08

Posted on 01/06/2018 09:08

That was naughty MM. wink We are in the midst of a DIY project at home just now, but I am keeping out of it for various reasons. smile

brue replied on 03/06/2018 10:52

Posted on 03/06/2018 09:42 by ABM

??  undecided  ??  Not  even  in  a  Supervisory  level  Brue  ??

Posted on 03/06/2018 10:52

Oh I forgot that bit, yes and no......wink

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook