Cruise control crash

greylag replied on 25/09/2017 14:27

Posted on 25/09/2017 14:27

Whilst away in van my brother sent me a link about a woman who was using cruise control and crashed her van.  Supposed to have happened in Ipswich, is this genuine or the old joke?

Stretches the imagination a bit.

Tammygirl replied on 25/09/2017 14:39

Posted on 25/09/2017 14:39

A few years ago it was claimed a couple in a Winnebago had an accident whilst making a cup of coffee while on cruise control. This is supposed to have taken place in America and resulted in Winnebago re-wording their info, huge amounts of money was also claimed to have been paid.

Guess its all myth!

Oneputt replied on 25/09/2017 16:18

Posted on 25/09/2017 16:18

Apparently the lady driver got up to make the tea.  The report at the time said she received $1million in compensation and that Winnebago did rewrite their user manualslaughing if true tells you all you need to know about our transatlantic cousinssurprised

byron replied on 03/10/2017 08:03

Posted on 03/10/2017 08:03

Been doing the rounds for donkeys years, very much an urban myth

Kennine replied on 03/10/2017 10:03

Posted on 03/10/2017 10:03

It's just another Myth like Motorhomers being gassed in Spain, CMC sites being too expensive  and global warming. 

All Myth with no substance laughing

cool

Merve replied on 10/10/2017 21:03

Posted on 25/09/2017 14:39 by Tammygirl

A few years ago it was claimed a couple in a Winnebago had an accident whilst making a cup of coffee while on cruise control. This is supposed to have taken place in America and resulted in Winnebago re-wording their info, huge amounts of money was also claimed to have been paid.

Guess its all myth!

Posted on 10/10/2017 21:03

I remember the report Tam. I think it was genuine but it could have been a wind up- (can anyone be that stupid?)It was reported that she put it into cruise control and went to make a cup of coffee. The vehicle crashed! Not only did she get a huge compo claim, she also got a new Winnebago! Another example of an upside down, back to front world where total stupidity is rewarded. If she’s that stupid , should she really be driving??? I really hope it’s myth, yes- it’s a myth! Just checked ! 😂😂😂

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook