Clean Air Zone Manchester 2023

ceebee22 replied on 03/12/2021 16:41

Posted on 03/12/2021 16:41

I have just received confirmation from the Clean Air Zone that Burrs Caravan Site in Bury comes within their zone even though it is in a country park.  This means motorhomes over 3.5 ton will have to pay the £60.00 charge or request a reduction to £10.  Mine is 4 ton and I spoke to someone in Bury last week who had a 5 ton motorhome - he didn't know about the issue.  Whilst I think larger motorhomes may be in the minority, there were quite a few there last week.  I have used this site for many years, visiting the steam train and Bury Met to see bands, I never drive in the town itself and I spend money in the pub.  I will not pay extra taxes to tour - I will take my money elsewhere.  This zone is huge and it would be quite easy to encroach upon it whilst travelling around from A - B. I found about this zone by accident and wonder how many other owners of large vehicles don't know about it

Tinwheeler replied on 03/12/2021 17:05

Posted on 03/12/2021 16:54 by brue

See here for recent CAMC discussions on this subject ceebee22.  >LINK<

Posted on 03/12/2021 17:05

I was surprised to see the OP had posted on 25 Nov in the thread you linked to, Brue. 🤷🏻‍♂️

brue replied on 03/12/2021 19:23

Posted on 03/12/2021 19:23

It might be that some of these threads aren't easy to find. I see an old thread has appeared in the caravan and motorhome chat section. I found the original thread by typing in "Manchester" in the search box in that area...but who would know what to do, I just happened to remember where it first appeared. A sticky would be useful as it could affect members visiting Bury.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook