Can Exam results be trusted ?

SteveL replied on 12/02/2018 12:08

Posted on 12/02/2018 11:41 by Tinwheeler

Is anyone defending it?

Posted on 12/02/2018 12:08

I suppose K might be referring to the fact the teachers are not being dealt with as severly as the candidates.

Cornersteady replied on 12/02/2018 12:18

Posted on 12/02/2018 12:18

Sadly cheating happens in all job, professions, sports, workplaces, and not just in teaching. It is totally unacceptable anywhere and no one can defend it.

I think it is good that so many get caught as it shows that the safeguards are working and if any new ones are needed they are welcome too.

Interestingly enough K, there is a case right on your doorstep see

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-40457407

Cornersteady replied on 12/02/2018 12:25

Posted on 12/02/2018 12:08 by SteveL

I suppose K might be referring to the fact the teachers are not being dealt with as severly as the candidates.

Posted on 12/02/2018 12:25

Not sure about that Steve, firstly there are more students been caught cheating than teachers, also how many students cheated without the help of teachers? Secondly teachers have (rightly) lost their jobs over this.

Also if a student has cheating in one exam it is probably that they have cheated in more than one so perhaps should be disqualified from all?

Oneputt replied on 12/02/2018 12:35

Posted on 12/02/2018 12:35

I blame subsequent governments and the pressure they put on by constantly changing the curriculum, Ofsted, rankings etc., to much pressure on staff and schools to perform in a narrow band instead of teaching and encouraging children for future life.

Kennine replied on 12/02/2018 12:40

Posted on 12/02/2018 12:18 by Cornersteady

Sadly cheating happens in all job, professions, sports, workplaces, and not just in teaching. It is totally unacceptable anywhere and no one can defend it.

I think it is good that so many get caught as it shows that the safeguards are working and if any new ones are needed they are welcome too.

Posted on 12/02/2018 12:40

-----------------------------

Which is one of the reasons I put this up for discussion. Corners. Although I don't see you mentioning the thousands of cases in your neck of the woods south of the border. A bit of selective spin I imagine.wink 

This cheating will not stop until any school staff found guilty are struck off permanently. --- and if I may say so,---- any School manager ( HEAD ) who allows this cheating to occur in their school should be dealt with in a similar manner. 

--- Employers need confidence that the qualifications of applicants applying for employment reflect that applicants true abilities. ----. At the moment there could be considerable doubt. 

cool

Tinwheeler replied on 12/02/2018 12:43

Posted on 12/02/2018 12:25 by Cornersteady

Not sure about that Steve, firstly there are more students been caught cheating than teachers, also how many students cheated without the help of teachers? Secondly teachers have (rightly) lost their jobs over this.

Also if a student has cheating in one exam it is probably that they have cheated in more than one so perhaps should be disqualified from all?

Posted on 12/02/2018 12:43

It seems to be the Scottish cases which has brought the matter to the forefront of K's attention, Corners.

It's good to hear your informed opinion. 👍🏻

Cornersteady replied on 12/02/2018 12:46

Posted on 12/02/2018 12:40 by Kennine

-----------------------------

Which is one of the reasons I put this up for discussion. Corners. Although I don't see you mentioning the thousands of cases in your neck of the woods south of the border. A bit of selective spin I imagine.wink  This cheating will not stop until any school staff found guilty are struck off permanently. ---- Employers need confidence that the qualifications of applicants applying for employment reflect that applicants true abilities. ----. At the moment there could be considerable doubt. 

cool

Posted on 12/02/2018 12:46

No doubt there are cases all over, I wasn't being selective but those were two I found on top of the pile and been reported on recently.

I agree with you, as I have said.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook