Campingaz Regulator

BrianandSue replied on 18/12/2022 15:30

Posted on 18/12/2022 15:30

I have arthritis in my hands and struggle to turn my Campingaz regulator on and off, because it’s a small knob and I can’t grip it tight enough, I’ve searched online for a regulator with a flag leaver instead of a knob , but can’t with no luck . If anyone knows if they are available I would be grateful.

Thanks

Brian

DavidKlyne replied on 18/12/2022 16:21

Posted on 18/12/2022 16:21

When I have difficulty opening a bottle (about the same size as the regulator) I get the nut crackers out of the drawer and use those. Perhaps one of those sliding wrench pliers so you can adjust the grip size to suit. You can get quite small versions. There is a whole host of different things on the market for easing off bottle tops which could be used for what you need. Perhaps a visit to JL or Lakeland? 

David

JVB66 replied on 18/12/2022 16:28

Posted on 18/12/2022 16:28

Unless you can only fit a camping gas cylinder  it would be far cheaper to have a 4'5 calor butane or 3.9 propane cylinders and the regulators are much easier to open or close

ABM replied on 19/12/2022 21:58

Posted on 19/12/2022 21:58

Just For Your Question  :~~

Try looking at EXPERT VERDICT  Strap Wrench       Product Item  Code  3322155 

You might find the Item pictured is what you need, BUT might be available from elsewhere such as ToolStation, Ebay, Screwfix  or even cheaper than the quoted  £13 !! (  I've not looked at Wickes or B & Q )

Expert Verdict is a trading group with SCOTTS OF STOW.

BrianandSue replied on 22/12/2022 19:57

Posted on 22/12/2022 19:57

Thanks for your suggestions, I contacted Campingaz but they only do the one type regulator , they also suggested a pair of grips etc. but I’ve managed to turn the bottle round in the gas locker, which allows me to get both hands in and with a bit of a struggle can turn it on and off.

ABM replied on 22/12/2022 23:09

Posted on 22/12/2022 23:09

I was thinking Brian that with a "Grip" problem  The Strap Wrenches could perhaps make life easier in other similar situations perhaps ??   Opening screw--top jars perhaps or any other situation needing a "twisting" motion of your hands.

Just check in your Chrizzy Socks ~~ you never know what you might find ...................

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook