Black streaks

dreamer1 replied on 09/05/2020 10:55

Posted on 09/05/2020 10:55

As every caravanner knows one of the most annoying thing on your van are black streaks, I have been caravaning for around 30 years and seen many leading products advertised to remove them but in my personal experience have found them poor and have ended up using a cream abrasive. Yesterday I gave our 2019 Coachman 675 Laser a bath, because the van is on a slight angle from left to right the o/s gets a lot of black streaks and the roof gets very dirty.  I can say that i had a ureaker moment and tried Blue magic, its a cleaner from ideal world tv shopping channel. We use it at home and with great results. I Can honestly say it is a fantasic product that removes everything from moss, grime and most of all the black streaks disappear our van looks like it just rolled of the production line.Has anyone else used this product and experienced the same results?. I am sure that at the moment they are doing a great deal on Blue Magic so now may be the time to try it. Does anyone out there use a product that actually removes black streaks and if so how much does it cost as i would like a comparison 0n price.Thanks now all we need is to safely come out of lockdown and get to the open road. 

Takethedogalong replied on 09/05/2020 11:17

Posted on 09/05/2020 11:17

We use something from Aldi. Our van is 36 years old, so really does get black streaks. But this sorts it every wash. So cheap I can’t remember how much it cost as we have had current container that long. Works for us, but it may not for others.😁

Tammygirl replied on 09/05/2020 19:32

Posted on 09/05/2020 19:32

We discovered 'Silky' about 6 years ago and haven't used anything else since, removes all the grime and black streaks with ease, we use it on the white mastic and it brings that up great too. If you have  slight scratches on the windows it will polish them out.  

HOTORMOMER replied on 20/06/2020 19:11

Posted on 20/06/2020 19:11

There does seem to be some experience here with black streaks. I personally don't have a problem, as a Halfords product seems to deal with them. But perhaps I can refer you to my post elsewhere in 'Parts & Accessories' and maybe someone has the solution to my problem.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook