Bad Elsan

cabbiemick replied on 21/09/2018 15:44

Posted on 21/09/2018 15:44

we stayed on a private site it was a nice site just shame about the elsan it was a manhole you had to lift the heavy lid then it had a grill over the cover the tap was quite a distance from manhole with no hose pipe so the grill chought all the mess with no way of washing it down i asked the owner could we have a hose pipe so we could wash away the mess on the grill to my surprise he told me the council wont let him atache a hose pipe as a trip hazard but not washing mess down the manhole must be worse we brought a hose pipe and used every time only trouble with that you ended up washing down other people mess

young thomas replied on 21/09/2018 18:42

Posted on 21/09/2018 18:42

after emptying the cassette and rinsing it, you could refill it from the tsp and wash down the grill with a cassette full of water from the tap...

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook