An Excellent Day

Milothedog replied on 03/02/2018 17:54

Posted on 03/02/2018 17:54

Excellent day todaycool

I have posted before about what we were having to pay for storage living in South London.  It was £1100 a year. we had a phone call on Thursday to advise us it will be increasing to £1350 a year from April.

This made me even more determined than before to find somewhere cheaper, most places are full or will not take my 7.3m long Elddis Avante. Then a chance phone call to a Lady who also told me she can't help suggested I contact her friend who started a storage business as a sideline to his main business on his farm which is a 1 hour drive from me. Took the same amount of time to cut across London to where we were.

I now have a hard standing storage pitch on concrete with unlimited access (with 24 hrs notice) out of normal hours. Entry and Exit is via 2 security gates only opened remotely by the owner who lives on site and who allows his very large dog to run free on site.

And the cost, £400 a year, well happy with that cool

A very happy Ian cool

Hakinbush replied on 04/02/2018 09:59

Posted on 04/02/2018 09:59

I bet that £1100 storage was up by Badgers mount, yep I pay £400 and well pleased with the security..

Milothedog replied on 04/02/2018 11:07

Posted on 04/02/2018 09:59 by Hakinbush

I bet that £1100 storage was up by Badgers mount, yep I pay £400 and well pleased with the security..

Posted on 04/02/2018 11:07

You may we'll  be talking about the same place cool

Going there Tuesday morning for the last time to move my van to the new place.

JVB66 replied on 04/02/2018 11:14

Posted on 04/02/2018 11:14

Great result ,and we thought ours was expensive at £610 per year with cc surprised

Are there spaces where you are at present,  there seems to be getting more and more "empty" pitches in our storage,whereas there used to be a waiting list for places

Milothedog replied on 04/02/2018 12:00

Posted on 04/02/2018 11:14 by JVB66

Great result ,and we thought ours was expensive at £610 per year with cc surprised

Are there spaces where you are at present,  there seems to be getting more and more "empty" pitches in our storage,whereas there used to be a waiting list for places

Posted on 04/02/2018 12:00

I think there may be one or two, TBH the place is pretty full, I would estimate there must be at least 100 caravans/MH's stored there and I believe they are just starting to develop another part of the land to increase capacity. The strange thing is, there also some small boats on trailers, Trailer tents etc in storage, surely they cant be paying in excess of £1000 PA to store such a small thing? 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook