Halogen Oven question

ColDeb replied on 31/08/2017 18:00

Posted on 31/08/2017 18:00

My caravan oven is not very controllable temperature wise and things either seem to take ages to cook or burn very quickly! I've just seen one of these and on reading the information about what you can cook in them wondered does anyone use one of these either at home or in caravan/ motor home? Would you recommend buying a halogen oven and how convenient are they to use/ store. Any thoughts would be very welcome

mickysf replied on 31/08/2017 20:00

Posted on 31/08/2017 20:00

I've seen a few of these on sites, one added advantage is that they illuminate the whole site whilst cooking that chicken. A friend who had one said they tend to dry the meat rather too much and it went to the car boot.

Princewood replied on 31/08/2017 22:15

Posted on 31/08/2017 22:15

I am on my third! Use mine at home, in the awning and the van.  Watch the amps and make sure if you are using on site you aren't drawing too much by using the water heater and the kettle etc. Ta the same time.  Find mine ideal for doing all the things that you would normally do using the oven (but not the gas), and the timer is helpful if you are as easily distracted as I am!!!

mickysf replied on 01/09/2017 07:26

Posted on 01/09/2017 07:26

We have one of these, easy to use, portable when hot and robust, so versatile too. Stews, bakes, fries, slow cooks. Cook curries/stews in it day before,  tastes better, then use it for cooking rice. Just the job for us. Cooks chicken portions and smaller joints of meat beautifully, melts in the mouth! 

Cooker

InaD replied on 01/09/2017 07:30

Posted on 01/09/2017 07:30

We've got one at home and often take it away with us in the MH too.  Have had it for about 3 years and wouldn't be without it.  I too found the oven in the MH was not that good at being able to rely on for temperature so we tried taking the halogen with us and it was a success.

ColDeb replied on 03/09/2017 20:06

Posted on 03/09/2017 20:06

Thanks for the replies & information. We're going to buy a halogen oven & see how we get on with it at home before taking in the caravan. It's got to be better than the either lukewarm or cremated fare produced in the caravan oven  smile

Tammygirl replied on 08/09/2017 13:44

Posted on 08/09/2017 13:44

I've  just recently bought a Morphy Richards Intelli  multi cooker, really pleased with it. It is 1501738 828085 so can use it even on 6 amp  sites. It's nice and deep, thermostatically  controlled and it works smile 80c -240c  will slow cook, fry, braise, stirfry, boil, grill, fast stew and steam. I have used it every day so far on this trip and it's great, easy to clean too. Biggest bonus is it fits in the oven when not in use smile best £25 I've spent in a long time. Oh and when it's hot I can use it outside, can't  be bad.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook