Do you want to live to 130?

Merve replied on 13/06/2016 22:00

Posted on 13/06/2016 22:00

Hi all. I have only recently come across this wonder food which is so easy to make it ain't true. Some of you will know about it and some won't but I think it's worth spreading around. The food or rather the culture I refer to is KEFIR. The best way to learn about it is by putting kefir in the search engine of Google and YouTube and reading about it and listening to people that already use it. If you like Greek yogurt or natural yogurt you're gonna love it! Basically, Kefir (Kee-fir) is a culture grown in full fat organic milk. You can buy kefir 'grains' over the Internet or if your local health store does it, from them. There are two distinct types - milk kefir and water kefir. Water kefir is grown in spring water and fed with organic  sugar and just drunk like water and the milk kefir is grown just in organic milk as the milk has its own sugar And can be turned into a delicious yogurt type food.  Kefir is basically bacteria and protein but this is good bacteria for you gut. The average person has 90% bad bacteria and 10% good - kefir reverses those figures and gives you 90% good bacteria. You've all heard of Yakult and Activia- Kefir out performs these commercially produced products massively. For instance, Activia has 7 strains of good bacteria whereas Kefir has up to 52! If you want a really healthy gut then learn about it- I feel different after a month on this food and I mean healtier!  The folk you hear about living to 130 in the Caucasus Mountains know the power of Kefir. They have it every day. We mix soft fruit, natural juices, mango, banana, nuts and all sorts with ours with a good high speed blender. We will never have to buy yogurt again and we can choose the flavour we want and it's much cheaper. Do yourself a favour and find out about Kefir today. The health benefits are amazing with claims that some cancers can be cured by the stuff 

Merve replied on 17/06/2016 01:08

Posted on 17/06/2016 01:08

Ex Para and retired chef and I really don't think my wife would take kindly to yet another jar of something growing in the kitchen, she already complains about my sour dough culture.

Write your comments here...Sour dough- that's good Jimbo! But please read about Kefir- most amazing health benefits and cheap too. A wonderfully powerful probiotic drink which is a natural anti biotic. I love my food and my Weber is my favourite toy but I want to caravan for many more years if I can and by compromising a bit, I stand a better chance of doing so. At work the other day at St Barts in London, myself and a works colleague decided we would reach the forth floor by using the stairs. He is some 20+ years younger than me. Not only did I not rest on the way up but when he finally appeared,  he was in a right state!!! Eating the correct things and not carrying around the 9 or 10 lbs I've lost has made a hell of a difference. Kefir has helped me achieve that and a healthy gut to boot! 

cyberyacht replied on 28/06/2016 07:46

Posted on 28/06/2016 07:46

Fourth floor! That's hardly strenuous. Having just got back from a short trip on Ventura, I've been doing stairs from Deck 5 to Deck fifteen several times a day plus a couple of trips round the promenade deck. Still put on a pound or two though. Yell

Merve replied on 28/06/2016 19:56

Posted on 28/06/2016 19:56

Just an update- my son in law has suffered from lacto intolerance for years and has to get lacto free milk. We sent some Kefir with my daughter up to Scotland as we had heard that kefir cures many conditions as it reverses the 90% bad bacteria into 90% good bacteria in the gut. He was able to eat a milkshake the other day with 3 or 4 scoops of ice cream in it with no ill effects. He said he was waiting for the pains to start after the hour- nothing!! I can only lead the horse to water - I can't make it drink!!

Merve replied on 28/06/2016 19:57

Posted on 28/06/2016 19:57

Fourth floor! That's hardly strenuous. Having just got back from a short trip on Ventura, I've been doing stairs from Deck 5 to Deck fifteen several times a day plus a couple of trips round the promenade deck. Still put on a pound or two though. Yell

Write your comments here...it was strenuous for him Cyber!! 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook