Cognac & Pineau Des Charentes

old ludlovian replied on 26/04/2018 23:23

Posted on 26/04/2018 23:23

On holiday last year in the Dordogne region, we decided to visit a distillery, we were given a card with details of address as follows:-

J BALLUET

Proprietaire Viticulteur Distillateurs De Pere En Fils Depuis 1845

1 Rue Des Ardilleres

17490 Neuvicq-Le-Chateau

we had a wonderful tour of the distillery and also sampled various cognacs and Pineaus, one of the cognacs was 20 years old and superb! The next bottle to sample was 40 years old, oh so smooth, never tasted a brandy like it before. We purchased several bottles of each and emptied the last bottle the other night discussing our next adventure to France this year. Well worth a visit if in the cognac region. Happy days!

Wherenext replied on 27/04/2018 13:44

Posted on 27/04/2018 13:44

If I do indulge in Spirits it tends to be a really good Cognac or Armagnac. When Mrs WN and MIL are looking for favours when returning from a holiday abroad they always bring mea top notch bottle back. Lasts me ages.

We used to buy Pineau when in France but my taste buds find it a tad sweet these days. We still buy it but give it to MIL who likes sweeter drinks.

brue replied on 27/04/2018 19:05

Posted on 27/04/2018 19:05

If you can't get as far as France come and sample Somerset Cider Brandy, an apple based product similar to Calvados with some offshoots like an Eau de vie, a Pamona and my favourite the Kingston Black Aperitif. You can enjoy a wander round the yards and see the old French stills, Fifi and Josephine. smilesmile

Somerset Cider Brandy

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook