Wild Alaska Live

moulesy replied on 23/07/2017 20:46

Posted on 23/07/2017 20:46

Did anyone else watch the first episode tonight? I can forgive the Beeb any number of idiotic productions as long as it keeps making fabulous programmes like this.

Brought back happy memories for us because, to celebrate our 60 th's some years ago, we cruised from Vancouver up to Glacier Bay including a stop at Juneau to go whale watching and up onto the Mendenhall Glacier near to where Matt Baker is based. Some spectacular scenery, but have to admit my wildlife photography left a bit to be desired! (Yes, those black specks are whales and that is a bald eagle in the top of the tree! wink)

ABM replied on 23/07/2017 23:30

Posted on 23/07/2017 23:30

It  was  Brilliant,  watching  Bears  Wolves  etc  getting  well  fed  on  some  very  large  fishes  !!  Even  the  presenters  seemed  surprised  at  the  wild  life  ignoring  them  and  favouring  yet  another  fish  supper.

Don't  worry  about  your  photography,  Moulesy,  the  tackle  the  cameramen  have  would  take  most  of  my  lifetime  pensions  to  purchase  !!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook