The Andrew Marr programme.

Kennine replied on 12/02/2017 09:57

Posted on 12/02/2017 09:57

Up until recently I have always enjoyed the Andrew Marr programme. But now the fire and tenacity has gone out of his questioning of guests and he is allowing them to waffle on subjects which have nothing to do with his question without being challenged.

This change in his questioning style is diminishing his programme.

Cheers ...........K

DavidKlyne replied on 12/02/2017 12:49

Posted on 12/02/2017 12:49

I watch it most Sunday mornings and have not noticed any "falling off" of tenacity or anything to do with his illness which was some time ago now. I think its wonderful how well he has recovered from that. I think if often depends on who is being interviewed and about what in terms of the satisfaction you might get from the programme. I expect even Andrew Marr struggles to get the best out of uninteresting people!!!

David

brightstar2 replied on 12/02/2017 18:58

Posted on 12/02/2017 18:58

The issue I personally have with these type of programmes - particularly  Question Time and the like is that I have a hearing issue (tinnitus as well ) and I find it frustrating that the interviewer / host soon loses control over their "guests" who persist in talking over each other which makes it difficult for me to take in what may be a serious debate.

All tv companies are now  guilty of this and as soon as I see loss of control - I lose interest rapidly and switch off / over.

I know this issue is personal to me but I guess there must be thousands if not hundreds of thousands of us in similar positions.

Just a thought !

JVB66 replied on 12/02/2017 19:51

Posted on 12/02/2017 18:58 by brightstar2

The issue I personally have with these type of programmes - particularly  Question Time and the like is that I have a hearing issue (tinnitus as well ) and I find it frustrating that the interviewer / host soon loses control over their "guests" who persist in talking over each other which makes it difficult for me to take in what may be a serious debate.

All tv companies are now  guilty of this and as soon as I see loss of control - I lose interest rapidly and switch off / over.

I know this issue is personal to me but I guess there must be thousands if not hundreds of thousands of us in similar positions.

Just a thought !

Posted on 12/02/2017 19:51

I had the same problem until i got a blue tooth streamer connected to tv and streamed direct to my hearing aidssmile

mickysf replied on 13/02/2017 21:51

Posted on 13/02/2017 21:51

There is a very fine line between controlling, steering and spinning discussion. In these days of fake everything it must be nigh on impossible to remain and be seen to be objective and impartial when promoting analytical debate. Playing devil's advocate leads to claims of bias by some! A job few, if any can do well these days!

InaD replied on 14/02/2017 16:00

Posted on 14/02/2017 16:00

Coincidentally, this evening on BBC2 at 9pm there is a programme on with Andrew Marr, My brain and me.  Sounds interesting so we'll record it.

DavidKlyne replied on 18/02/2017 11:14

Posted on 18/02/2017 11:14

We watched Andrew Marr's My Brain and Me yesterday as we had recorded it. Very interesting and showed that all sorts of research in the understanding of strokes is going on. Stem Cell seems to be an interesting way forward. Clearly Andrew Marr has put a lot of time both physical and research into the effect of his stroke. When you watch his Sunday morning programme which really shows very little of that effect and then watch him getting ready it looks very hard work.

David

InaD replied on 18/02/2017 17:19

Posted on 18/02/2017 17:19

We watched it too and as you say, a lot of hard work and effort on his part.  It must be very frustrating for him at times, but he has such a positive outlook, which obviously is a good thing.  A very interesting programme.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook