Shetland

DavidKlyne replied on 21/03/2018 00:10

Posted on 21/03/2018 00:10

Don't think anyone has mentioned the new series that ended tonight. It's one of those programmes where the location shares the series with the story. Douglas Henshall, as DI Jimmy Perez is the main character. Good to see him on the right side of the law for a change!!! Certainly makes you inclined to think about visiting.

David

brue replied on 21/03/2018 08:18

Posted on 21/03/2018 08:18

I was out last night and just got back in time to see the final programme before the next series. I've been enjoying it and it certainly made me want to go back, I kept looking for places I recognised. It's very much as seen on the series. The previous week's programme even showed what it's like on the ferry, but not quite as dramatic! smile

replied on 21/03/2018 10:05

Posted on 21/03/2018 10:05

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

brue replied on 21/03/2018 10:15

Posted on 21/03/2018 10:15

What, not even these? wink

Plus when we visited we found ourselves amongst the vans and crew filming the series at Sumburgh.

replied on 21/03/2018 10:19

Posted on 21/03/2018 10:15 by brue

What not even these? wink

Plus when we visited we found ourselves amongst the vans and crew filming the series at Sumburgh.

Posted on 21/03/2018 10:19

replied on 21/03/2018 10:38

Posted on 21/03/2018 10:28 by brue

I thought you might say that. wink

Posted on 21/03/2018 10:38

Goldie146 replied on 21/03/2018 10:49

Posted on 21/03/2018 10:49

This was one series we watched "live". We looked forward to each episode and discussed various theories (some very outlandish). I think it helped that we had watched all the previous series, so knew Duncan's background (and also Tosh's ordeal).

The conclusion was not what I had thought (though I never liked Drew), and it was never going to end well for poor Malone

The six weeks have flown by and I'll miss it. 

For fans of Ann Cleeves books - there's a new Shetland out this Autumn (I think).

moulesy replied on 21/03/2018 14:12

Posted on 21/03/2018 14:12

Yes, I watched it and thoroughly enjoyed it. I did think originally that 6 episodes might stretch things a bit, ( I think all the previous series have been 4?). I've read all the Shetland books by Ann Cleeves, although I've never got into the "Vera" series. Maybe I should.

I think Douglas Henshall has grown into the part - I was sceptical at first - in the books he's described as "swarthy" with "Spanish ancestry" - I think one of is ancestors was washed up in a shipwreck back in time. I always thought Lorcan Cranitch (of Cracker fame) would make a better Jimmy Perez.

It was a fine series and if there is indeed another book n the offing I'll be keeping my eyes peeled. smile

moulesy replied on 21/03/2018 14:13

Posted on 21/03/2018 14:13

Yes, I watched it and thoroughly enjoyed it. I did think originally that 6 episodes might stretch things a bit, ( I think all the previous series have been 4?). I've read all the Shetland books by Ann Cleeves, although I've never got into the "Vera" series. Maybe I should.

I think Douglas Henshall has grown into the part - I was sceptical at first - in the books he's described as "swarthy" with "Spanish ancestry" - I think one of is ancestors was washed up in a shipwreck back in time. I always thought Lorcan Cranitch (of Cracker fame) would make a better Jimmy Perez.

It was a fine series and if there is indeed another book n the offing I'll be keeping my eyes peeled. smile

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook