Red Dwarf - New series on 'Dave'

ValDa replied on 12/10/2017 21:41

Posted on 12/10/2017 21:41

My two sons, born in 1980 and 1986, grew up with Red Dwarf  which apparently was first shown in 1988.  They used to know some of the scripts so well that we had to listen to long 'episodes' from the back seat of the car, when we were doing long journeys.  They were pretty good, and kept us amused for many many miles.  They must have watched every episode, and then we had the videos, and then the boxed sets................... !!

We must have missed the three series which were shown in 2009, 2012 and 2016, but today there's a new series on Dave, and for me it was like going back in time, with the same corny plots, the same punch lines - "Let's look for your head Kryten', the same voices, and even (though a little older) the original actors playing the same parts!  Loved it!!  

mickysf replied on 13/10/2017 07:11

Posted on 13/10/2017 07:11

Our son was just the same, he loved the comedy aspect and I can still remembering him chortling away whilst watching. He even attended their Dimension Jump Conventions with his equally keen wife, when we'll into his twenties.  

I'd read about the latest series but missed it so will have to check it out. Thanks ValDa for the reminder.. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook