Mortimer and Whitehouse: Gone Fishing

SeasideBill replied on 04/10/2021 10:36

Posted on 04/10/2021 10:36

Rather belatedly I’ve got into the antics of Bob Mortimer and Paul Whitehouse and their fishing adventures around the UK. It’s a simple formula, just two good friends sharing beautiful locations, enjoying each other’s company, and reflecting on life. As you’d expect the observations and banter are very funny at times. It reminds me a lot of the BBC series ‘The Detectorists’. Definitely not mainstream, but great TV whether you enjoy fishing or not.

brue replied on 04/10/2021 15:46

Posted on 04/10/2021 15:46

It's popular in this household and some of the outdoor filming and choice of music is beautiful, lots of friends who aren't interested in fishing enjoy it too. There is a lot of talk about life in general which rings true and the humour is great. I think there was another thread somewhere but it's good to hear others like the series! smile

ADP1963 replied on 04/10/2021 18:50

Posted on 04/10/2021 18:50

Mortimer & Whitehouse was a must, never missed an episode.   JV....Susan Calman undecided not for me, can't find anything entertaining whatsoever.

JVB66 replied on 04/10/2021 19:04

Posted on 04/10/2021 18:50 by ADP1963

Mortimer & Whitehouse was a must, never missed an episode.   JV....Susan Calman undecided not for me, can't find anything entertaining whatsoever.

Posted on 04/10/2021 19:04

What not even when she nearly got her little camper to just over 30mph? on Pendine sands trying for a speed record on one of her round Britain tourswink

This week she is on "A Grand day out" on the Norfolk broadscool

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook