It's no problem - Donnelly can do it on his own

Kennine replied on 20/03/2018 10:07

Posted on 20/03/2018 10:07

Declan Donnelly is a good presenter, there's no reason why he cannot do his presenting job on his own. He doesn't need Mcpartlin now or in the future. 

DavidKlyne replied on 20/03/2018 12:59

Posted on 20/03/2018 12:59

I think we are referring to Ant and Dec? The poor chap has obviously got a serious problem. They have been at the top of their game for many years. Not saying I am a fan but that seems to be a fact with all the awards they win. I suspect the pressure is catching up. They found fame at quite a young age (Byker Grove) and don't seem to have looked back. 

David

moulesy replied on 20/03/2018 14:44

Posted on 20/03/2018 14:44

In our house the words Ant & Dec are inevitably followed by a search for the "off" button! smile

ABM replied on 20/03/2018 15:04

Posted on 20/03/2018 15:04

Not  this old  goat's  cup  of  tea  either,  BUT  it's  so  very  sad  to  hear  of  a  man  falling  to  pieces  like  this.  Just  hope,  that  this  time,  his  treatment  results  in  a  real  &  permanent  cure. 

There  are  too  many  memories  of  the  decline  &  fall  of  Paul  Gascoigne  for  my  liking.

Brian

Kennine replied on 21/03/2018 18:02

Posted on 21/03/2018 18:02

Up to now whenever I've seen that pair on TV, I've never quite fathomed why they need two people to do one person's presentation. 

Maybe now ITV will have a rethink and either offer the job to Declan Donnolly to do on his own by ditching Mcpartlin completely, or if he doesn't want it, appoint a completely new presenter. There are plenty of good ones around just itching to  take on a high profile presenting job. 

As it is, the "Ant and Dec" image is tarnished beyond repair and that's it. They will be toxic in any future programme the ITV puts out if that company  doesn't take prompt action sooner than later. 

K  

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook