Eurovision - Does anyone watch it?

DavidKlyne replied on 14/05/2017 12:39

Posted on 14/05/2017 12:39

We do watch it most years but I do wonder why as it's a puzzle that I can never work out!!! The songs I quite like don't do so well and yet others seem to do better. Is there such a variance of music taste across 42 nations in this internet world. Perhaps taste doesn't come into it as most of the songs entered would hardly be considered as good commercial songs. National and geographical allegiance obviously play a big part which clearly works to the UK's disadvantage. Am I really saying we are billy no mates!!!  It does make you wonder if the likes of Adele or Ed Sheeran  entered the competition whether they would do any better? You can just imagine their agents saying to them "whatever you do, don't volunteer for Eurovision" surprised To win the competition seems to be something of a poison chalice so I hope Portugal can afford to host it next year.

David

brue replied on 14/05/2017 13:16

Posted on 14/05/2017 13:16

I used to watch it years ago, when there was nothing much else to watch and I suppose Abba was the highlight forty three years ago.embarassed

Cringeworthy video link

IanH replied on 14/05/2017 19:30

Posted on 14/05/2017 19:30

No we don't watch it.

The thing is, British music is popular all over the world (and especially so throughout Europe). It's what young people listen to.

So why do they have this very un-representative competition each year? Even the UK enter a song that would never be popular here, in the normal world.

Amesford replied on 20/06/2017 09:36

Posted on 20/06/2017 09:36

Very rarely watched it but if I did it was only to listen Mr Wogan's comments as he upset the rest of europe 

Tammygirl replied on 22/06/2017 16:17

Posted on 22/06/2017 16:17

Don't  watch it anymore it's a joke, far to political in the voting, most of the songs now are not our type of music either.

DaveCyn replied on 24/06/2017 14:28

Posted on 22/06/2017 16:17 by Tammygirl

Don't  watch it anymore it's a joke, far to political in the voting, most of the songs now are not our type of music either.

Posted on 24/06/2017 14:28

Make that a plus 1

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook