Close to the Enemy

DavidKlyne replied on 15/11/2016 10:08

Posted on 15/11/2016 10:08

I wonder if any of you are watching the new Stephen Poliakoff series Close to the Enemy? I really enjoy his work but could imagine that his off beat style might not be to everyones taste?

David

cyberyacht replied on 16/11/2016 07:35

Posted on 16/11/2016 07:35

The first episode didn't grab me. The acting seemed quite amateurish. I'll give it another go but I doubt I'll go the distance with it.

Richard12 replied on 17/11/2016 11:42

Posted on 17/11/2016 11:42

We watched the first and will probably watch the second, will be interesting to see which way it will go.But we are really hooked on The Missing.

DavidKlyne replied on 17/11/2016 14:15

Posted on 17/11/2016 14:15

Stephen Poliakoff plays are very different from most, some might say odd!!! You have to follow them in a different way to other programmes even those as good as The Missing. Often the meaning is not in what you are watching but in the mind games he plays. 

David

DavidKlyne replied on 24/12/2016 15:15

Posted on 24/12/2016 15:15

Well I stayed with it to the end and rather enjoyed it. Typical Stephen Poliakoff and I was not all together surprised at how things worked out. It was essentially a montage of how the Second World War affected the people in the cast with a lot of what ifs all this portrayed in the usual surreal settings that are liked by Poliakoff. Perhaps the most sensible person was the one that appeared to be the maddest!!! 

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook