Bridge of Spies

IanH replied on 26/12/2016 17:58

Posted on 26/12/2016 17:58

Just watched this Tom Hanks film and I highly recommend it.

It's set in the late 50's / early 60's and is about the exchange of Russian spy Rudolf Able for US spy plane pilot Gary Powers, who was shot down over the Soviet Union.

Brilliant performance from Tom (as ever) and indeed the rest of the cast.

young thomas replied on 27/12/2016 20:15

Posted on 27/12/2016 20:15

ues, i enjoyed it....very surprised to see Mark Rylance collecting the Oscar for best supporting actor as his part was actually quite small...

nowhere near the impact that Tom Hardy made to The Revenant.

IMHO of course....

IanH replied on 29/12/2016 20:37

Posted on 29/12/2016 20:37

Funny how we all like different things. I thought that Mark Rylance played a great part in Bridge of Spies. I was completely sold on his resignation to his fate......especially at the end.

On the other hand, I thought Tom Hardy was only ok in The Revenant.

But I thought that Tom Hardy was brilliant in 'Legend' (where he played both of the Kray twins). Each of the brothers came a across as completely different. You could have easily believed it was two actors.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook