Burt Bacharach

moulesy replied on 09/02/2023 20:23

Posted on 09/02/2023 20:23

Very sad news of the loss of a creative genius. I've just been looking at BBC's list of his 12 greatest songs - how can you choose a favourite from such a marvellous songbook? For me, Aretha Franklin's "Say a Little Prayer" and Dusty Springfield's "Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself" come top,  but there are so many others. 

Genius? Well who else could write a song rhyming "pneumonia" with "phone you"! Sheer brilliance. 

Burt Bacharach RIP.

Pliers replied on 10/02/2023 16:43

Posted on 10/02/2023 16:43

Sad news, indeed.

Always loved his music, personal favourite probably “this guy’s in love with you.” Nöel Gallagher did a brilliant cover of it.

RIP Burt 😥

brue replied on 10/02/2023 21:08

Posted on 10/02/2023 21:08

I've been looking at his music on BBC 4 tonight, there was a lovely version of Message to Martha (Kentucky Bluebird) sung by Rufus Wainwright but I dug this out too as "the master" himself is playing and singing.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook