Thyroid Issues

Sianelen replied on 10/08/2017 12:22

Posted on 10/08/2017 12:22

I also have an under active thyroid and take T3, thank you for bringing this campaign to my attention. I had no idea that T3 may be withdrawn.

Pippah45 replied on 10/08/2017 13:19

Posted on 10/08/2017 13:19

It's pretty scary news for those who need it!  My GPs won't talk of anything except levothyroxine that I feel like death on!  I have had a lot of help from Thyroid Patient Advocacy group their knowledge is astonishing although maybe not surprising as most have thyroid problems.  Please feel free to pass on the link.  smile

DavidKlyne replied on 13/08/2017 00:07

Posted on 13/08/2017 00:07

Pippah

I just think more people will see it here. I have passed the link onto Margaret who has a Thyroid condition and has been taking medication for many years and it is regularly monitored. I am not sure she has suffered in the same way as others but she takes so many medications it might be hard to tell!!!

David

Pippah45 replied on 13/08/2017 08:13

Posted on 13/08/2017 08:13

Thank you David - I was unsure where to put it especially as I don't often get down as far as General Chat never mind below!  There are so many people out the suffering thyroid issues and most GPs seem to treat us as though it's in our heads!  Plus the NHS guidelines are quite restrictive and getting worse it seems with budget cuts.  

DavidKlyne replied on 13/08/2017 10:00

Posted on 13/08/2017 08:13 by Pippah45

Thank you David - I was unsure where to put it especially as I don't often get down as far as General Chat never mind below!  There are so many people out the suffering thyroid issues and most GPs seem to treat us as though it's in our heads!  Plus the NHS guidelines are quite restrictive and getting worse it seems with budget cuts.  

Posted on 13/08/2017 10:00

Margaret was diagnosed many years ago, in fact around the time when our children were born. She has always had regular blood tests and medication adjusted as required so it seems she has been well looked after. It was her thyroid condition which allowed her to get free prescriptions and she only found that out when a girl in the chemists told her she was entitled to them.

David

Pippah45 replied on 13/08/2017 10:06

Posted on 13/08/2017 10:06

Free prescriptions is a useful perk!  I hope Margaret discovered that perk early on!    I wasn't diagnosed till they were free to me anyway!  undecided

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook