York park & ride

meecee replied on 20/06/2021 16:26

Posted on 20/06/2021 16:26

Just for info - the park & ride at Monks Cross, York, which is the nearest to Beechwood Grange CMC, is no longer accepting 'camper vans'  Other info online

DavidKlyne replied on 20/06/2021 22:14

Posted on 20/06/2021 22:14

It does however say that other P&R's can be used. Quote from website:- 

Camper vans
Due to the construction of our new 'hyperhub' electric vehicle charging facility, we regret that camper van parking is no longer available at this site. Camper vans can be accommodated at Askham Bar, Grimston Bar and Rawcliffe Bar Park & Ride sites.

David

meecee replied on 21/06/2021 17:40

Posted on 21/06/2021 17:40

We got lucky!  we checked out the P&R on the way back to the site from a trip to Bridlington and realised things had changed. It was raining, forecast the same for the following day so decided to return home a day early.  (motto:  don't trust google street view to be up to date)  

kenexton replied on 21/06/2021 18:57

Posted on 21/06/2021 18:57

In our experience Grimston Bar has been our best option for visiting York via the P and R system,It had a separate MH section which was accessed/exited via a lifting  height barrier which was  opened by a staff member.Their office is directly opposite this entry.This gave us a reassurance of security when leaving our MH there.The bus drops off and picks up by the rear of M and S opposite the  Lloyd's Bank on the corner of Parliament.

We have used the other P and R facilities over the years but we now habitually  opt for the above, as explained above.

wh1nbrew replied on 16/07/2024 09:46

Posted on 16/07/2024 09:46

To cut a long story short, we will be driving back from Scarborough to Chesterfield towing a caravan, and need to pick our E-bikes up from near the station having been serviced.  It appears that the P&R sites will accept motorhomes but not caravans.  Does anyone know of somewhere we can leave the van and car (hitched and secured of course) and get into York, preferably on public transport and then cycle back?  If necessary, we will unhitch the van, and I will take the car into York on my own and pick them up.  

Thanks for any suggestions

DavidKlyne replied on 16/07/2024 12:09

Posted on 16/07/2024 09:46 by wh1nbrew

To cut a long story short, we will be driving back from Scarborough to Chesterfield towing a caravan, and need to pick our E-bikes up from near the station having been serviced.  It appears that the P&R sites will accept motorhomes but not caravans.  Does anyone know of somewhere we can leave the van and car (hitched and secured of course) and get into York, preferably on public transport and then cycle back?  If necessary, we will unhitch the van, and I will take the car into York on my own and pick them up.  

Thanks for any suggestions

Posted on 16/07/2024 12:09

Would not the best option be to book a night on a campsite? This one is just outside the City and has good access to public transport and (apparently) good cycleway connections into the City. http://www.davidklyne.co.uk/cherry_tree_cottage_caravan_site.html You need your own facilities but its only £23 a night.

David

wh1nbrew replied on 16/07/2024 17:51

Posted on 16/07/2024 17:51

Since posting the above, I have found that I should be able to park up at the Designer Outlet P&R.  I will confirm next week if this is OK. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook