Worldpay problems website booking

Quantox replied on 07/11/2023 14:32

Posted on 07/11/2023 14:32

Tried to book a couple of clubsites this morning and encountered problems with worldpaywho having processed the payment and flashing up a booking reference for a split second then told me the payment was cancelled. The first time this happened, I tried again only to get the same response. I checked my bank account and had a pending debit for the deposit. I phoned the Club and after two or three failed calls I got through to a very helpful lady who sorted it out for me and processed the booking. At this point I should have mentioned to her that I also needed to make a further booking but I didn't ! Can't believe I was daft enough (but unfortunately I was),  and yes I went online and exactly the same thing happened again. So I called the club again and this time a helpful chap had to untangle my semi processed but cancelled second booking and make it for me. As part of this process I was asked to key in my debit card number and each time they couldn't see it at the Club end so had to phone me back so that I could key it in again. So after at least an hour and several phone calls I now had two bookings.

My question, am I alone in having to go through this palava due to Worldpay not processing transactions properly or is it a problem for anyone else ? I would hate to have to go through it again next time I need to book. 

LLM replied on 07/11/2023 14:49

Posted on 07/11/2023 14:49

A colleague had a similar problem yesterday.  I believe it was fixed overnight as all seemed to be okay this mid-morning.  He was told it was an internal CAMC problem.  

DavidKlyne replied on 07/11/2023 15:01

Posted on 07/11/2023 15:01

I noticed a post on Facebook this morning with someone having the same issue. I never use a debit card for online payments, only credit cards. Mind you whether that would make any difference to the problem I don't know. Perhaps its an issue with last nights maintenance shutdown?

David

LLM replied on 07/11/2023 15:41

Posted on 07/11/2023 15:01 by DavidKlyne

I noticed a post on Facebook this morning with someone having the same issue. I never use a debit card for online payments, only credit cards. Mind you whether that would make any difference to the problem I don't know. Perhaps its an issue with last nights maintenance shutdown?

David

Posted on 07/11/2023 15:41

My colleague was using a CC not a DC.  I think both were affected.

Freddy55 replied on 17/03/2024 19:33

Posted on 17/03/2024 19:33

I’ve had problems with Worldpay a couple of times in the past. One time I had to input twice to make the booking after getting the ‘failed/cancelled’ notice. I checked the bank account and could see the two payments pending, although only the one was taken.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook