Winter Caravan Use

ScreenName3A9D5F8D61 replied on 22/06/2023 07:18

Posted on 22/06/2023 07:18

Hi

I am looking to take my caravan November to March to a touring site in North Wales/Dales/Lakes

The idea is to go there every other weekend. 

I would appreciate any advice on locations that allow this and the costs involved.

thanks for any help in advance.

Takethedogalong replied on 22/06/2023 11:39

Posted on 22/06/2023 11:39

You could look at finding a CL that has planning permission for storage as well? There are quite a few that do, and perhaps for a small extra fee, the owner could put your van onto pitch for you prior to arrival? We had this arrangement for around 10 years with a CL down in Cornwall, and it worked very well for us. We just used to travel down, put van onto a pitch, holiday then put it back away on leaving. If required, a phone call to farmer and it was put onto a pitch for us.

I don’t think there is a filter unfortunately for CLs with storage, but if you find somewhere you like, a phone call might ascertain what might be possible.

Its a good while ago now, but at the time, we paid a £1 per day for storage and the full CL pitch fee for the nights we used a pitch, but pitch fee at the time was around £12 per night. Suspect things will be (much) more expensive now, although given it’s Winter you are looking for, you might be able to get a good deal on the storage part of the deal. You need to consider security and insurance of course.

eurortraveller replied on 22/06/2023 13:17

Posted on 22/06/2023 07:18 by ScreenName3A9D5F8D61

Hi

I am looking to take my caravan November to March to a touring site in North Wales/Dales/Lakes

The idea is to go there every other weekend. 

I would appreciate any advice on locations that allow this and the costs involved.

thanks for any help in advance.

Posted on 22/06/2023 13:17

If you want a farm site in the Dales I have half an idea, but no proof, that Sunset Meadows Camping  near Leyburn might be a possibility for you. But your request was very broad and you may prefer one of the other two areas you mentioned, or you may perhaps be looking for a more formal campsite altogether. Cost will be by negotiation with owners.

Wherenext replied on 22/06/2023 13:28

Posted on 22/06/2023 13:28

Have a look at this website.

https://www.ukcampsite.co.uk

When you open it up scroll down past the map and you will come to various filter choices. Choose Seasonal pitches or storage doesn't matter which and this will then open a lot of other choices that could be ticked that you require. Fill in an area in the box, usually top right, and work your way through the answers. It will probably mean contacting the sites that appeal.

On the Club site then check out the CLs as Ttda suggests but I would suggest looking at places that may have storage area such as farms. Again, you are going to need to do some work. We recently stayed on a CL in Angelsey that had a separate area for 3 caravan that were seasonal and they were used in winter. Unfortunately they looked like they didn't have any more room for another.

Takethedogalong replied on 22/06/2023 14:32

Posted on 22/06/2023 14:32

It’s quite surprising how many CLs do offer storage/seasonal pitches, we regularly use three that do, but not in the areas required. I had forgotten about the filters on UKcampsites👍😁

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook