Wild with consent

brue replied on 11/05/2022 20:37

Posted on 11/05/2022 20:37

Coo-er.. wink A good idea I thought till I looked at some of the prices for a single lone van no facility stay at £45 pn in the SW and two sites at £75 pn in the NE !! 

Maybe the prices will be a bit wild for some.

cyberyacht replied on 14/05/2022 08:22

Posted on 14/05/2022 08:22

Some? Most, I would think. It's very sparse on facilities information. It would appear to be merely a "bit of ground" and therefore £5/10 would be more realistic. In the light of the saying "a fool and his money...", one wonders who will avail themselves of this.

Takethedogalong replied on 14/05/2022 18:54

Posted on 14/05/2022 18:54

Sorry but this is blatant cashing in on the camping rage at the moment. We know one in the NE, and if you drive a bit further you can camp for nothing. We spent the day there a couple of times last Summer. Doesn’t mention the trains roaring past every half hour by the way🤣

mickysf replied on 14/05/2022 20:21

Posted on 14/05/2022 08:22 by cyberyacht

Some? Most, I would think. It's very sparse on facilities information. It would appear to be merely a "bit of ground" and therefore £5/10 would be more realistic. In the light of the saying "a fool and his money...", one wonders who will avail themselves of this.

Posted on 14/05/2022 20:21

Well I guess there is a bit of ground and then a bit of ground. For that price I would expect seclusion, remoteness, dark skies, nature surrounding and the ability to have that true backwoods experience. Might be worth it then. This I experienced in the Canadian Rockies and it was really truly magical. I would fork out a bit more for that but where over here can it be replicated? Not many places but I’ve been close in Scotland at those places a caravan could never venture to and spend a night.

Takethedogalong replied on 15/05/2022 09:25

Posted on 15/05/2022 09:25

I might look at offering up our garden. Tents only mind. Delicious night scented climbers, hooting owls, foxes playing on lawn, hedgehogs dropping in for a meal. Throw in use of garden log burner. Couple of nice swings for relaxing…….£50 a night I reckon. 🤣

replied on 15/05/2022 10:44

Posted on 15/05/2022 09:25 by Takethedogalong

I might look at offering up our garden. Tents only mind. Delicious night scented climbers, hooting owls, foxes playing on lawn, hedgehogs dropping in for a meal. Throw in use of garden log burner. Couple of nice swings for relaxing…….£50 a night I reckon. 🤣

Posted on 15/05/2022 10:44

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Takethedogalong replied on 15/05/2022 11:04

Posted on 15/05/2022 11:04

It’s quite interesting seeing how others value things. We have new neighbours at home, (very nice I might add), they have a lot of family and friends who visit, from London. Invariably, the first thing they ask is who lives in the top of the house, or who shares the garden. Different perceptions.

The pitch at Scremerston  (NE) is metres away from the East Coast Mainline. So you do get little light pollution, and a sea view, but the trains scream past between 6.30am and 1am every day. Drive closer to the beach at Cocklawburn, you drop down into dunes and you don’t get as much train noise. Same with Dunstan location. We were offered a nights pitch up at Dunstanburgh Castle many years ago. Free. 

We found a brand new Aire yesterday. It’s signposted just as you climb out of Port Logan village heading back North. Can’t find it on Search4sites at the moment, so no idea of facilities. Official stopover though. 

eurortraveller replied on 15/05/2022 14:18

Posted on 14/05/2022 20:21 by mickysf

Well I guess there is a bit of ground and then a bit of ground. For that price I would expect seclusion, remoteness, dark skies, nature surrounding and the ability to have that true backwoods experience. Might be worth it then. This I experienced in the Canadian Rockies and it was really truly magical. I would fork out a bit more for that but where over here can it be replicated? Not many places but I’ve been close in Scotland at those places a caravan could never venture to and spend a night.

Posted on 15/05/2022 14:18

Micky, we have all that here at home - can squeeze you in through the top gate if your campervan  is not too big. No charge, just bring a bottle. Or two. 

mickysf replied on 15/05/2022 16:57

Posted on 15/05/2022 14:18 by eurortraveller

Micky, we have all that here at home - can squeeze you in through the top gate if your campervan  is not too big. No charge, just bring a bottle. Or two. 

Posted on 15/05/2022 16:57

Sounds good, not been to Kernow since my teens. Worth a few bottles shared for that true wilderness experience! 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook