White Water Park Club Site cycling map

SeeFarers replied on 10/08/2021 17:31

Posted on 10/08/2021 17:31

The site info encourages one to read the November 2016 digital magazine for cycle route directions.  I do not have this and past editions are only available back to Jan 2019.  Can anyone help me source this map please?

harryb replied on 11/08/2021 09:26

Posted on 11/08/2021 09:26

Seems as though an update is needed from out of date info. From what I know the immediate vicinity is very busy main roads, unless there is a track along the riverside.

Maybe the wardens can help.

SteveL replied on 11/08/2021 11:33

Posted on 10/08/2021 17:31 by SeeFarers

The site info encourages one to read the November 2016 digital magazine for cycle route directions.  I do not have this and past editions are only available back to Jan 2019.  Can anyone help me source this map please?

Posted on 11/08/2021 11:33

I’ve just had a look at the November 2016 digital magazine and even that information seems to be wrong. I could find nothing on cycle routes and the featured site was Ferry Meadows.

You might find this web site useful.

LINK

Takethedogalong replied on 11/08/2021 11:51

Posted on 11/08/2021 11:51

If you look on the website page for each Club Site, under the review bit on the right hand side, there are downloadable maps for the Sites and some Cycle routes. For example, the one for Ferry Meadows is there, but the one for WWPark unfortunately isn’t. It uses cycleways along the Tees Barage, a circular route.

SeeFarers replied on 11/08/2021 19:42

Posted on 11/08/2021 19:42

Thank you all for your replies.  The site warden did not have any maps, although they used to.  The Club does direct you to cycle sites but White Water does not feature.  Cheers Steve for that link, it looks promising.

White Water Park is adjacent to the National Cycle Network routes 1 and 14, but these are not what I was looking for.  The area around the Tees Barrage and beyond is criss-crossed by circular route cycleways linking many features of interest and it is a map of this I had in mind. 

Since opening up this discussion I have come across what I believe will meet my needs.  Here is the link: https://www.stockton.gov.uk/media/2076/short-cycle-route-self-guided.pdf

It was my first visit to White Water Park and I am very impressed with the site and area and plan to return to explore more with our bikes.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook