What is a Standard Pitch with Awning PR

MikeyA replied on 17/08/2022 16:45

Posted on 17/08/2022 16:45

Latest Activity earlier today had a review of Clumber Park following the recent upgrade. Just because I'm nosy I had a look at the prices. There are numerous pitch types - Hardstanding with Awning, Grass with awning, Standard Pitch with Awning PR and Serviced Pitch with awning.

As I hadn't seen the category Standard Pitch with Awning PR before, the obvious next step is to check this out on the CAMC Choice of Pitches web page.

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/uk-holidays/useful-information/types-of-pitch/

Lo and behold there are eight different types of pitches mentioned but not one entitled Standard Pitch with Awning PR. After lots of deliberating it maybe that PR refers to plastic reinforcement.  I won't be the only person who wonders what the PR refers to.

It seems to me that this is another example of the Clubs lack of attention to detail.

Before anyone jumps in with "Why are you bothered". Let me say I have never been to Clumber, very unlikely we will ever go to Clumber but that doesn't mean I don't occasionally look at Club sites and laugh at the prices they charge.

SteveL replied on 17/08/2022 17:24

Posted on 17/08/2022 17:24

On the availability page for Clumber there is a premium with awning so I assume it is this. The specification reads as on the attached photo. I assume PR means premium. Although why they don’t call them the same on both pages I have no idea.

eurortraveller replied on 17/08/2022 17:25

Posted on 17/08/2022 17:25

Did you find all the peg colours Mikey ?   I believe that across the network there are white, black, brown, red. blue, yellow and purple pegs - are there to be more? Perhaps two new ones? I wonder which site will have most.

Tinwheeler replied on 17/08/2022 17:33

Posted on 17/08/2022 17:24 by SteveL

On the availability page for Clumber there is a premium with awning so I assume it is this. The specification reads as on the attached photo. I assume PR means premium. Although why they don’t call them the same on both pages I have no idea.

Posted on 17/08/2022 17:33

Yes, it’s fairly clear I think.

MikeyA replied on 17/08/2022 18:45

Posted on 17/08/2022 17:40 by Cornersteady

Yes I would have thought of premium straight away rather than plastic re-enforcement.

Posted on 17/08/2022 18:45

But the definition of Premium is "These larger (than standard) pitches"

So a "Standard Pitch with awning but actually larger than standard" doesn't really make sense.

Why didn't they just call them "Extra large pitches" 

In addition "premium pitches" as described by the CAMC have many other attributes such as hedges, water etc.

InaD replied on 17/08/2022 18:54

Posted on 17/08/2022 18:54

I'd had a look at Lady Margaret's and also wondered what the PR meant there.  The description is as follows:

Premium pitch with awning
These larger (than standard) pitches provide individual facilities, including all-weather pitching surface, illuminated electrical hook up bollard, facilities for drinking water, an individual ground-level connection to accept grey water disposal, a hedge between each pitch for privacy, a picnic bench and BBQ station for disposable BBQs. There is an additional charge for this pitch type. Water hoses should be the same length as the electrical hook up cable (25m).

Available at Cayton Village Club campsite.
Coming in 2022 to Clumber Park (without BBQ station), Lady Margaret's Park, Scarborough West Ayton.

Having looked at the pitch types, there are now 7 types of pitch, plus tent pitches.  Lots of different coloured pegsundecided

Cornersteady replied on 17/08/2022 19:04

Posted on 17/08/2022 18:45 by MikeyA

But the definition of Premium is "These larger (than standard) pitches"

So a "Standard Pitch with awning but actually larger than standard" doesn't really make sense.

Why didn't they just call them "Extra large pitches" 

In addition "premium pitches" as described by the CAMC have many other attributes such as hedges, water etc.

Posted on 17/08/2022 19:04

No idea why you're asking just me those questions?

I'm not all bothered what the club calls them as it's a site I probably won't be going to as it's not in an area I'm interested in so it really is totally academic for me and not worth wondering about. 

All I said was that given PR and the context given I would have thought premium straight way rather than plastic re-inforcementsmile

MikeyA replied on 17/08/2022 19:09

Posted on 17/08/2022 18:54 by InaD

I'd had a look at Lady Margaret's and also wondered what the PR meant there.  The description is as follows:

Premium pitch with awning
These larger (than standard) pitches provide individual facilities, including all-weather pitching surface, illuminated electrical hook up bollard, facilities for drinking water, an individual ground-level connection to accept grey water disposal, a hedge between each pitch for privacy, a picnic bench and BBQ station for disposable BBQs. There is an additional charge for this pitch type. Water hoses should be the same length as the electrical hook up cable (25m).

Available at Cayton Village Club campsite.
Coming in 2022 to Clumber Park (without BBQ station), Lady Margaret's Park, Scarborough West Ayton.

Having looked at the pitch types, there are now 7 types of pitch, plus tent pitches.  Lots of different coloured pegsundecided

Posted on 17/08/2022 19:09

So why couldn't they conform to their own categories and call it a Premium pitch with Awning.

If they can't get something as simple as this right,  it doesn't give much hope that they can cope with deposits.  innocent

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook