Wardens office hours changes?

SallyD replied on 10/09/2023 13:05

Posted on 10/09/2023 13:05

The site we are on at present has today had a notice placed in the site managers office saying office hours are now 1-5 pm.

Is this an official change by the Club in general or do the managers have autonomy to decide for themselves? Surely for the member’s convenience they should be open for at least an hour in the mornings?

Hja replied on 10/09/2023 13:21

Posted on 10/09/2023 13:21

I would have thought that given these are sites with wardens that some sort of warden presence would be needed during some of the morning when people are leaving. Sometimes problems arise at the point of departure. Or is this just the office and wardens can be found around the site e.g at toilet blocks and could therefore be available for assistance if needed?

Tinwheeler replied on 10/09/2023 13:25

Posted on 10/09/2023 13:25

It could be a staffing issue or any number of things. Why not have a chat with the wardens and ask? I’m sure they’ll be happy to explain.👍

DavidKlyne replied on 10/09/2023 14:14

Posted on 10/09/2023 14:14

You don't mention which site? If its one of the smaller, one couple operated sites that might explain it. They sometimes work 2 weeks on and 1 week off (or something similar) so perhaps unrealistic to expect the site reception to be open 8.00am to 5.00pm every day? 63 hours a week.   Is it one of the sites operating ANPR? I would imagine its not a general rule but site specific. It could be the total hours allowed to be worked it could be a temporary due to not being fully staffed. I somehow doubt that sort of decision is down to just the site staff and I would imagine the area manager would be involved. JK might be able to enlighten us on the finer details of procedures?

David

Arch replied on 10/09/2023 18:05

Posted on 10/09/2023 18:05

The site I'm on at the moment office is open 9am to 9.45 then 1pm to 5.30pm wardens are around the site cleaning toilets etc, I have been told on another site they do not have a shop anymore so there is no need to open the office until 1pm, I think this is becoming common practice.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook