Visiting Oxford? A traffic warning

NutsyH replied on 11/04/2023 08:19

Posted on 11/04/2023 08:19

Be aware that the main route into Oxford from the A34 at Botley Interchange is closed for 6 months from today, at least - at the railway bridge on Botley Road. Network Rail are rebuilding it. 

There will be diversions posted but no doubt traffic chaos.

DavidKlyne replied on 11/04/2023 15:25

Posted on 11/04/2023 15:25

Could be a problem for people heading for the ferries at Portsmouth via the Midlands? I suppose you could use the Eastern Bypass but I think in parts its more built up. It's busy at the best of times so goodness knows what it will be like via a diversion, chaos I imagine!

Thanks for the heads up.

David

NutsyH replied on 11/04/2023 18:44

Posted on 11/04/2023 15:25 by DavidKlyne

Could be a problem for people heading for the ferries at Portsmouth via the Midlands? I suppose you could use the Eastern Bypass but I think in parts its more built up. It's busy at the best of times so goodness knows what it will be like via a diversion, chaos I imagine!

Thanks for the heads up.

David

Posted on 11/04/2023 18:44

David

I doubt it will tail back to affect the A34 down from the M40 if heading to Portsmouth, but it will have a knock on effect on the A40 going east and west round the north of Oxford, and the eastern bypass (as you say) going round past the Mini works.

Avoid like the plague.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook