Uttoxeter Race Course Closed by unlawful trespass

harryb replied on 24/08/2021 18:32

Posted on 24/08/2021 18:32

The club site on Uttoxeter Racecourse has had to close because of an unlawful trespass by travellers.

Online booking shows it's closed for eight nights

SteveL replied on 24/08/2021 18:40

Posted on 24/08/2021 18:40

A shame for those who were expecting to use it this Bank Holiday, but I don’t suppose they had much option.

harryb replied on 24/08/2021 18:53

Posted on 24/08/2021 18:53

Apparently the club have sent out emails to those booked on. It will be difficult to get booked on anywhere else now

wellum1959 replied on 24/08/2021 19:10

Posted on 24/08/2021 19:10

I was due to arrive there today for 2 nights as a transit stop on the way to Chester for the bank holiday.  I had a phone call this morning explaining the situation and cancelling the booking. I have managed to find an alternative for these two nights with the CCC, so no great problem, but i can't imagine folks finding anything for the weekend at all easy.  Mike

ForestR replied on 24/08/2021 19:27

Posted on 24/08/2021 19:27

Having arrived at Uttoxeter on Sunday to meet up with friends for 4 days our stay was cut short today when the site manager visited us to tell us the site was closing due to the incursion and everyone had to leave. 

Despite the extra security on site and the hard work of the wardens and even though the travellers were on the racecourse car park not the site they were utilising the site facilities often late at night and there were concerns about safety.

We found it difficult nigh impossible to find an alternative for two nights even before the bank holiday so good luck to those who were booked for then. 

moulesy replied on 24/08/2021 19:39

Posted on 24/08/2021 19:39

Probably fully booked now, but can recommend Fieldhead Farm CL nearby. Others might have more alternative suggestions.

BettyS replied on 25/08/2021 18:45

Posted on 25/08/2021 18:45

We were due to stay at the Uttoxeter Racecourse for two nights this weekend. I received a text yesterday from the Club to inform us about the closure due to mass trespass and safety concerns. Although disappointed I fully understand the Club’s decision to close at short notice as safety comes first. Fortunately we were able to secure a booking at Carsington Water which is not too far away with help from Club staff who were brilliant. Thank you.

liplip12 replied on 25/04/2023 12:32

Posted on 24/08/2021 18:32 by harryb

The club site on Uttoxeter Racecourse has had to close because of an unlawful trespass by travellers.

Online booking shows it's closed for eight nights

Posted on 25/04/2023 12:32

Caravan club only offered explanation of  closure  after I rang to say the site looked abandoned.

I then received the usual email hoping we enjoyed our stay !!

There has been  no evidence of travellers for at least a week now.

We are hugely disappointed as race and tribute band tickets have been purchased plus we were celebrating our friend's 60th.

Cannot find anywhere local at this late stage.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook