Uttoxeter Closure!! What's happening?

nelliethehooker replied on 12/10/2021 19:26

Posted on 12/10/2021 19:26

Are the club that ashamed that they've had to close the site, for whatever reasons, that they don't wish the fact to be discussed in this forum, as I can't access the previous disussion?

Navigateur replied on 12/10/2021 19:46

Posted on 12/10/2021 19:46

Site information

Please Note: With effect from Wednesday 6 October Uttoxeter Racecourse Site will be closed for the remainder of the season, due to staff shortages.

It has not been possible to open for the race day on 15 October. Please cancel your booking if it relates to this race day.

At the request of the Racecourse, we are hoping to be able to open the site for a limited few days for each of the remaining race days: 29 October and 13 and 21 November. If the site can be staffed for the race days, anyone with a booking will be accommodated but no further bookings will be taken.

So they are telling us if we look closely enough, but disappearing threads are the sort of thing that happens in a dictatorship, not a members' club.

Tinwheeler replied on 12/10/2021 19:50

Posted on 12/10/2021 19:50

I’ve just accessed the first page of the other thread but the second page is suffering from server error plague.

Wherenext replied on 12/10/2021 20:11

Posted on 12/10/2021 20:00 by brue

It's still HERE Nellie.

But just tried a test post on it and as TW said server error appearing. frown

Posted on 12/10/2021 20:11

But the "testing" is shown in latest activity so will probably drop into the thread at some time in the future. Maybe, perhaps, don't get your hopes up, possibly, probably not. Take your pick.

brue replied on 12/10/2021 20:14

Posted on 12/10/2021 20:14

Looks like we have lift off...for a while, at least.....wink (totally out of sync but we're used to it on here!)

But where did the "testing" go?!

DavidKlyne replied on 12/10/2021 20:23

Posted on 12/10/2021 19:26 by nelliethehooker

Are the club that ashamed that they've had to close the site, for whatever reasons, that they don't wish the fact to be discussed in this forum, as I can't access the previous disussion?

Posted on 12/10/2021 20:23

Nellie

I don't think there is any conspiracy theory here. Sometimes the website just throws a wobbly which none of us understand. I accept it is not what any of us want but it happens. If you are minded to you could ask a question at the AGM expressing your concerns about the inadequacies of this forum. I posted a link in the Club Membership section.

David

nelliethehooker replied on 12/10/2021 20:57

Posted on 12/10/2021 20:23 by DavidKlyne

Nellie

I don't think there is any conspiracy theory here. Sometimes the website just throws a wobbly which none of us understand. I accept it is not what any of us want but it happens. If you are minded to you could ask a question at the AGM expressing your concerns about the inadequacies of this forum. I posted a link in the Club Membership section.

David

Posted on 12/10/2021 20:57

Not that concerned, David, just pointing out another of the peculiarities of this forum. I try to read all the new/updated posts and this one kept showing a message of not being accessible. I did try everywhichway to open it up without success hence my new post.

Navigateur replied on 12/10/2021 20:59

Posted on 12/10/2021 20:59

From what I see the "web site" uses a number of separate servers, which is a fairly common way of doing things. For example, the listing of posts in threads is on a different server from where the actual posts are located.  So not surprising there can be discrepencies between servers if the code linking them together is not foolproof.

A consequence of this is that if one keeps a tab open in the browser for a thread, one can see it and read and send updates while other users cannot list the thread to access it.

nelliethehooker replied on 12/10/2021 21:24

Posted on 12/10/2021 20:14 by brue

Looks like we have lift off...for a while, at least.....wink (totally out of sync but we're used to it on here!)

But where did the "testing" go?!

Posted on 12/10/2021 21:24

Not for me, still getting server error message for both pages.yell

harryb replied on 30/11/2021 13:57

Posted on 30/11/2021 13:57

Has this site reopened or has special dispensation been given.

On the club FB there is a post saying that the club band met up at the weekend for band practice. Interesting.

Incidentally the other thread doesn't open, as previously mentioned, because of a server error

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook