Upcoming redevelopments for 2021/2022

JVB66 replied on 02/09/2021 19:01

Posted on 02/09/2021 19:01

Thanks Rowena , May dispel some of the posts querying unable to book these siteswink

take it the LAs have approved the plans and works involved?

Bluemalaga replied on 02/09/2021 20:47

Posted on 02/09/2021 20:47

Having visited Haycraft several times per year over a number of years, we decided not to return until the toilet block was brought up to an acceptable standard. The drains were often overflowing in the ladies shower and the block was pretty shabby in comparison to other sites especially non club sites.

I mentioned this to Club officials at the Caravan Show 4 years ago and was assured that the site was due a refurbish. Could anyone advise if any improvements have taken place recently.

DavidKlyne replied on 02/09/2021 22:13

Posted on 02/09/2021 20:47 by Bluemalaga

Having visited Haycraft several times per year over a number of years, we decided not to return until the toilet block was brought up to an acceptable standard. The drains were often overflowing in the ladies shower and the block was pretty shabby in comparison to other sites especially non club sites.

I mentioned this to Club officials at the Caravan Show 4 years ago and was assured that the site was due a refurbish. Could anyone advise if any improvements have taken place recently.

Posted on 02/09/2021 22:13

If you follow the link in Rowena's post right at the bottom it lists previous updates and for Haycroft it says:- New barriers and site entrance improvements
Surface water drainage and motorhome waste points

It doesn't give a date unfortunately 

David

DavidKlyne replied on 03/09/2021 09:43

Posted on 02/09/2021 22:40 by EmilysDad

Dan seems to think you'll get your wish .... frown

https://the-trudgians.com/ .... ill let you find the video - I'm away & on a tablet 

Posted on 03/09/2021 09:43

Interestingly he only seems to suggest the lower section (the bit near where the pub is, was) is being refurbished. The upper section, with more pitches doesn't seem to be mentioned and I suppose it could be left as is? My understanding is that the Club own half the site (no doubt the bit being refurbished) and Winchester Council own the other half and the Club have been talking to them for years to try and get the site up to standard. We will have to wait and see when the Club publish plans.

Bluemalaga replied on 03/09/2021 13:47

Posted on 02/09/2021 22:13 by DavidKlyne

If you follow the link in Rowena's post right at the bottom it lists previous updates and for Haycroft it says:- New barriers and site entrance improvements
Surface water drainage and motorhome waste points

It doesn't give a date unfortunately 

David

Posted on 03/09/2021 13:47

Thanks David

Terrible shame the important issues were not updated.

Rob2CathDavies replied on 03/09/2021 19:53

Posted on 03/09/2021 19:53

Hello Rowena

Just studying the planning application for Lady Margaret’s Park.  I see that the touring pitches for caravans and motorvans will be reduced by three.  And that amongst these will be some serviced and premium pitches.

I can see eight new camping pitches but i can’t see any details of Glamping pods, will they be on some of the touring pitches, thus reducing them even further?  The plan refers to the pitches in the second cul de sac as ‘plots’, is that where they will be?  If that is the case that will be quite a substantial reduction in touring pitches.

We have family who are interested in the glamping pods so that they can join us on site so we look forward to a reply.

Thank you

Fisherman replied on 04/09/2021 10:08

Posted on 04/09/2021 10:08

Perhaps they are anticipating the demise of touring as Fossil fuel cars expire. Many private sites are changing touring to Seasonal and Static pitches. A trend set?

Tinwheeler replied on 04/09/2021 10:33

Posted on 04/09/2021 10:08 by Fisherman

Perhaps they are anticipating the demise of touring as Fossil fuel cars expire. Many private sites are changing touring to Seasonal and Static pitches. A trend set?

Posted on 04/09/2021 10:33

Isn't that exactly the reason the club has had the foresight to diversify by introducing pods, cabins etc?

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook