Unlawful trespass at Knaresborough Site

JillwithaJay replied on 26/08/2021 15:45

Posted on 26/08/2021 15:45

Unconfirmed reports of Knaresborough Club Site having to close due to a group of caravanners having illegally entered the site.  If you have a booking it is recommended that you ring the club's HQ.

It is alleged by members who have left the site earlier today that children had been sent to retrieve barrier fobs from the box at the exit.

JVB66 replied on 26/08/2021 16:25

Posted on 26/08/2021 16:25

They know all the tricks to gain access,  another (not this year) site one "member" booked in and proceeded to open the barrier with the card that had been issued to allow entry to othersyell

On another site the entry barrier was broken off "accidentally ?" which then allowed others to enter,undecided

One private site owner in Gloucestershire who had an illegal, entry got rid of them by filling a Jerry can with water and said if they do not leave in half an hour he would burn all their units  they did not go so he used another Jerry can with petrol in to set fire to some material nearby. as a warning, then approached their units with the water filled jerry can ,they were off very soon after surprised 

nelliethehooker replied on 26/08/2021 18:35

Posted on 26/08/2021 16:25 by JVB66

They know all the tricks to gain access,  another (not this year) site one "member" booked in and proceeded to open the barrier with the card that had been issued to allow entry to othersyell

On another site the entry barrier was broken off "accidentally ?" which then allowed others to enter,undecided

One private site owner in Gloucestershire who had an illegal, entry got rid of them by filling a Jerry can with water and said if they do not leave in half an hour he would burn all their units  they did not go so he used another Jerry can with petrol in to set fire to some material nearby. as a warning, then approached their units with the water filled jerry can ,they were off very soon after surprised 

Posted on 26/08/2021 18:35

Can't see a CC site wardens doing that, can you?

JVB66 replied on 26/08/2021 19:23

Posted on 26/08/2021 18:35 by nelliethehooker

Can't see a CC site wardens doing that, can you?

Posted on 26/08/2021 19:23

No ,and it cost the club as far as I know, to get a court order and bailiffs to remove them, and each unit has to have a separate order?,it is hoped that the new law going through Parliament makes it easier and cheaper to get them removed

JillwithaJay replied on 27/08/2021 10:46

Posted on 27/08/2021 10:46

Knaresborough Situation Update - The trespassers have now been removed from site, however the club can’t guarantee they won’t return. They have 24hr security in place for the BH weekend.

If you have a booking for the site, it might be wise to make contact prior to arrival.

eyebrowsb replied on 27/08/2021 17:31

Posted on 27/08/2021 17:31

That's a good update Jill.  Hopefully, the members who've booked for the BH weekend will be able to enjoy their weekend now.

These "trespassers"  are just lawless thugs who have no consideration for anyone other than themselves.  From what I've read, a similar group were evicted from another location in Knaresborough earlier this month ......

hywelsycharth replied on 27/08/2021 18:31

Posted on 27/08/2021 18:31

I stayed at Knaresborough from Sunday last and had paid until today (27 August). When the children of the "trespassers" started throwing stones at all and sundry it was time to leave and I made a quick exit. I lost one night's booking fee which I expect to be refunded by the Club. I feel deeply for some members who had booked and paid for an extended period and had realistically no option other than to leave immediately. I really felt also for the wardens who seemed to have no support whatsoever from anyone. I would suggest that the Club remove all barrier pass boxes from the exits and provide safe deposits for these items in a secure place which cannot be broken into or pilfered by children. I have been caravanning for close on fifty years and a Club member since 1980 and have never before come across this problem. It is high time that legislation was changed to afford the polce power to rectify behaviour of this kind.

JVB66 replied on 27/08/2021 18:46

Posted on 27/08/2021 18:46

Read the reviews posted about Alderstead Heath site, we left earlier this year before our stay was complete

It seems  becoming more of a problem on club sites are they still in Uttoxeter race course site

There has been several cases in the last couple of years oncc sites

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook