Twinflower

mickysf replied on 04/01/2023 21:25

Posted on 04/01/2023 21:25

Not a club site but I understand this company have taken over the running of the Loch Morlich camping ground near Aviemore. This was a really good site for motorhomers and caravaners to explore the central and remote Cairngorms. Does anyone know more about this enterprise or the developments they propose?

mickysf replied on 04/01/2023 22:11

Posted on 04/01/2023 21:55 by nelliethehooker

Is that the Glenmore site, micky, that used to belong to Camping in the Forest? If not which one was it?

Posted on 04/01/2023 22:11

Yes, Nellie, we were there earlier this year in pursuit of golden eagles, crested tits and ospreys. The CTs remain on my list despite best efforts over the years. 
The site has been a fairly regular base for us over the years and has excellent access to the hills and nearby reserves. It was up for lease when we were there last.

nelliethehooker replied on 05/01/2023 19:06

Posted on 04/01/2023 22:11 by mickysf

Yes, Nellie, we were there earlier this year in pursuit of golden eagles, crested tits and ospreys. The CTs remain on my list despite best efforts over the years. 
The site has been a fairly regular base for us over the years and has excellent access to the hills and nearby reserves. It was up for lease when we were there last.

Posted on 05/01/2023 19:06

Thanks, micky. As for Cresties, we too have not seen them but they can usually be found/seen at the RSPB Reserve at Loch Garten or in the woods across the road.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook