Lady Margaret's Park - Chirk

rayjsj replied on 01/07/2023 20:21

Posted on 01/07/2023 20:21

Review of an old friend  , stayed on this site many times in the past.  It's  changed......some good

Some not so good.  First:   NO SHOP  no Ice creams, no milk, no eggs, no newspapers cannot be ordered. Nearest shop is in Chirk  nearly a mile away. Too far really unless you drive.  New Toilet block is great, but all rubbish and recycling has to be taken to wheeled skips near the toilet block no small bins near the taps as they used to be. The large dog exercise field and rally field is closed and locked ? 

No Calor gas ?  No WiFi  although the masts look new  strangely? And a silly new electronic 'fast trak'   entry system that no one understood  and which got me into trouble with the Warden when I flippantly answered  what I thought was a machine asking for my already given pitch number.  I did apologise.  Overall not very 'user friendly'

My opinion entirely   and of course  NO WIFI !

EmilysDad replied on 01/07/2023 20:55

Posted on 01/07/2023 20:55

it might be a mile to drive into Chirk .... but turn left out of the gate/entrance & walk along the side of the site & you're in the town centre in no time .... it was close enough that we walked our then 3 or 4 yr old grand daughter there.

DavidKlyne replied on 01/07/2023 22:19

Posted on 01/07/2023 22:19

It seems a bit hit and miss if you get a site shop these days. It has been covered in previous discussions with JK pointing out that it is entirely up to site staff whether they wish to personally invest in stocking and running shops on sites. We have not long been back from a four site tour and in fairness three out of four sites had a shop. One even had card payment!!!

The club's WiFi system is in the process of being replaced, hopefully by a superior system than we had before. All sites seem to be offering a free hotspot but that usually means a trip to somewhere near reception. Many of us now tether our smart phones to provide a data connection.

David

brue replied on 02/07/2023 17:28

Posted on 02/07/2023 17:28

Possibly one of the benefits of CAMC membership in the past was booking a site and knowing (bar any external elements) what would be there. A predictable and adequate site with much the same facilities and set up. Unfortunately this is now not the case and I think often without any explanation or details in the "before you travel" details people who perhaps don't look at the website or CT find things are not as expected. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook