So, is it back to 'just turn up on the day'?

rayjsj replied on 12/09/2022 21:35

Posted on 12/09/2022 21:35

As booking a site in advance appears to be impossible, even for the Site Wardens, are we back to just turning up at a site and hoping for the best ?

This upheaval should have been planned better, for implementation at a quiet time, ie mid- December,  Whoever is responsible should get their marching orders....sacked, that's what having responsibility MEANS, the buck stops with YOU.

first5 replied on 12/09/2022 22:19

Posted on 12/09/2022 22:19

Why should you have to wait in a que for hours just to find campsites and check availability. Surely the idea would be to find out what is available first then make booking

Howard64 replied on 13/09/2022 00:04

Posted on 13/09/2022 00:04

So much difficulty in trying to amend a booking, only want to add an extra night.  Please can we go back to the old system.  It was quick, easy to use.  When are we likely to be able to view our future bookings?

peedee replied on 13/09/2022 07:52

Posted on 13/09/2022 07:52

I don't think there is a queue! It is just a block to stop access to an area of the site which is clearly not working and causing a lot of problems. Has anyone managed to book any sites using the new system?

peedee.

scoutman replied on 13/09/2022 15:01

Posted on 13/09/2022 07:52 by peedee

I don't think there is a queue! It is just a block to stop access to an area of the site which is clearly not working and causing a lot of problems. Has anyone managed to book any sites using the new system?

peedee.

Posted on 13/09/2022 15:01

Yes, me. But what a long winded process. Only really wanted to check up coming bookings, but finding the queue was only predicted to be 10 minutes and enjoying a mid morning cuppa I decided to wait. 10 minutes turned into fifteen then the little man on the green path started to move, very slowly at first, then almost broke into a sprint only to stumble walk backwards then begin again. Finally I was in, unable to find an easy route into checking my bookings, I decided to try to book a site for next June. Not an easy process, unlike the old system, eventually finding Norfolk Broads site from the list of worldwide availability. The new system required me to enter all previously held details, ie car and caravan, my personal details then those of all other party members (I hope these are now saved to the system, and won't have to be entered  each time). Finally I reached checkout time and payment of a sizeable deposit. This whole process taking me about 10 minutes as against a few minutes under the old system. Still awaiting a confirmation email. Footnote: I did eventually find my bookings, having to go in via my profile, not sure if I could find them again!! Well done (not) IT dept, what a backwards step we can only hope things improve!!!!!!!!

Kasspa replied on 13/09/2022 16:02

Posted on 13/09/2022 15:01 by scoutman

Yes, me. But what a long winded process. Only really wanted to check up coming bookings, but finding the queue was only predicted to be 10 minutes and enjoying a mid morning cuppa I decided to wait. 10 minutes turned into fifteen then the little man on the green path started to move, very slowly at first, then almost broke into a sprint only to stumble walk backwards then begin again. Finally I was in, unable to find an easy route into checking my bookings, I decided to try to book a site for next June. Not an easy process, unlike the old system, eventually finding Norfolk Broads site from the list of worldwide availability. The new system required me to enter all previously held details, ie car and caravan, my personal details then those of all other party members (I hope these are now saved to the system, and won't have to be entered  each time). Finally I reached checkout time and payment of a sizeable deposit. This whole process taking me about 10 minutes as against a few minutes under the old system. Still awaiting a confirmation email. Footnote: I did eventually find my bookings, having to go in via my profile, not sure if I could find them again!! Well done (not) IT dept, what a backwards step we can only hope things improve!!!!!!!!

Posted on 13/09/2022 16:02

See my post in 'website down time'.... doesn't matter which way I try to find my existing bookings, either from the homepage or my profile, it just takes me to the queue for UK & Overseas campsites..... not where I want to be & I fail to see why you should have to wait in a queue to see existing bookings.....

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook