Sites near Southampton

ScreenNameFAE47D1740 replied on 27/10/2023 10:58

Posted on 27/10/2023 10:58

Can anyone recommend a good site near Southampton, ideally that is open all year as have grandchild visiting duties to attend to from time to time?

It needs to have good Wifi or strong mobile coverage, so that we can work whilst there, so Rokesbury Park (which is lovely) is not suitable until they get their internet sorted.

We need to reach eastern Soton (Sholing) so ideally that side or as far east as Arundel. I did pop in to the main site near Winchester (Morn Hill) but they couldn't tell me what their broadband was like.

peedee replied on 27/10/2023 11:35

Posted on 27/10/2023 11:35

Carefree Nurseries is a pretty good CL and I cannot image that there isn't a good mobile signal there. Phone and enquire.

peedee

PS a quick look on Search4Sites came up with >this<

DavidKlyne replied on 27/10/2023 12:22

Posted on 27/10/2023 12:22

I originally come from Southampton and when we have stayed to visit family we have tended to stay at Morn Hill. We stayed at the refurbished site last year and I was able to use my phone 4G to tether my laptop, I am on O2 and my wife is on EE both seemed to work well. Don't know the situation with WiFi as the new system was still being rolled out and would suggest to ask the site direct. Morn Hill gives easy access to the M3 and to get to Sholing I expect you might use a bit of the M27. 

Another campsite which would be much nearer to Sholing is Riverside Holidays at Hamble. It's been a while since we stayed there and looking at the website they seem to have reduced the space available to tourers but touring pitches are still available.

David

SteveL replied on 27/10/2023 12:56

Posted on 27/10/2023 12:56

I did pop in to the main site near Winchester (Morn Hill) but they couldn't tell me what their broadband was like.

Back in August I gave the premium WiFi at Morn Hill a try and it was very good, if somewhat expensive. Speeds were easily good enough for streaming.  The free WiFi was a maximum of 1 Mbps and only suitable for browsing / emails.

Rufs replied on 28/10/2023 08:42

Posted on 28/10/2023 08:42

Kingfisher at Stokes Bay (lee on the Solent) open all year has bar/restuarant cyle past it regularly but never stayed there, 5 mins walk to beach, bus stop outside with regular service to Southampton, Gosport, Portsmouth, Fareham .

I thought Rokesbury Park closed for the winter ?

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook