Sites fully booked

Vincevan replied on 30/03/2022 15:52

Posted on 30/03/2022 15:52

I have just been on to the late availability section to see what is available in the next few weeks and it seems that everywhere is fully booked up for the next six months!!!  Having been a Caravan Club member for nearly 12 years and not having had problems during that time, I am absolutely amazed.  I also looked at spending some time during the summer and early autumn out with our motorhome for one or two weeks it seems almost impossible.

Is anyone else finding the same problem?

Tinwheeler replied on 30/03/2022 16:02

Posted on 30/03/2022 16:02

Try looking up the sites individually as Late Availability (like other aspects of this website) often gives trouble.

PS. My dummy search seems to have worked OK.

brue replied on 30/03/2022 16:04

Posted on 30/03/2022 16:04

I had problems getting late availability to work yesterday. When it did I was looking at gaps after the Easter Break ( second week ) and found enough to book a short break. This year Easter runs into the May BH quite quickly so it's more than likely that some have booked early. I presume if you're looking for a long stay weekends will be booked up in popular spots but mid-week didn't seem too bad? To be honest it's a bit late to be booking longer holidays, if you need a guaranteed long break I guess most book early. 

SteveL replied on 30/03/2022 16:12

Posted on 30/03/2022 15:52 by Vincevan

I have just been on to the late availability section to see what is available in the next few weeks and it seems that everywhere is fully booked up for the next six months!!!  Having been a Caravan Club member for nearly 12 years and not having had problems during that time, I am absolutely amazed.  I also looked at spending some time during the summer and early autumn out with our motorhome for one or two weeks it seems almost impossible.

Is anyone else finding the same problem?

Posted on 30/03/2022 16:12

seems that everywhere is fully booked up for the next six months!!!

Not sure what area of the country you are considering but Brecon, Cirencester, Malvern , Hurn Lane, Bridlington and Poolsbrook to name but a few, have bags of availability on a standard pitch May through to August and beyond. Yes the more popular sites have limited availability as do service pitches. If you want those sites / types of pitches you have to plan ahead. However, that is nothing new

Cornersteady replied on 30/03/2022 18:25

Posted on 30/03/2022 18:25

Certain sites and weekends and/or school holidays may have gone by now but out of those I'm still managing to get midweek breaks and often a break spanning two weekends, especially after September. What area are you interested in?

nelliethehooker replied on 30/03/2022 19:51

Posted on 30/03/2022 19:51

Why does it have to be  CC sites that you are thinking of booking? There are Lots of alternative choices out there, especially for a M/H, Britstops, Commercial sites, CLs but to name a few.  Go on, be adventurous and do something different for a change, you might find you enjoy it.

Vincevan replied on 31/03/2022 09:31

Posted on 31/03/2022 09:31

HI,

Thanks for all the replies.  We also book on C&CC and also have found some lovely private sites over the years but yesterday was my first stop and I was a bit surprised!!!  Never mind, I will plod on and no doubt will find some breaks.

I think the moho and caravan industry has been quite busy following the pandemic and lots of folk have turned to this form of holiday so less spaces will be available.

Kasspa replied on 31/03/2022 21:00

Posted on 31/03/2022 21:00

Surprisingly, I managed to book a week in Cayton Village a couple of weeks ago for August! So availability in peak periods is still available.....

We also spent a few days recently to meet with friends at a Tranquil Parks Resort @ £24 per night for a service pitch, admittedly 'off peak' but worth a look..... they are 'Adult Only' though.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook