Site Information ....

Smeesh replied on 08/05/2023 20:24

Posted on 08/05/2023 20:24

Rejoined the Caravan and Motorhome Club after restarting my love for touring. Just returned form a 4 night stay at Yellowcraig. We wanted somewhere relatively close with good facilities including wifi and tv reception as we knew we would be in for some rough weather.

On arrival we were informed there is no wifi apart form a Hot Spot at the reception undecided ... Disappointing but it was even more disappointing that there was very poor to no tv reception. frown So why is the club site info advertising otherwise ?? We based our decision on the information provided. Need to up date your info CMC ... Great Staff ,spotless facilities but a little too big and busy for me and the Mrs so shall not be back.

rayjsj replied on 22/05/2023 16:27

Posted on 22/05/2023 16:27

After being with Air angel for 3 years without major hassles  and still having several weeks of coverage left Imagine my shock when 3 club sites tell me they no longer have coverage???  And their replacement???????? Why nobody.

Just a stupid hotspot that doesn't always exist near the reception ?   What a B Shambles the club is becoming  that and closed toilet blocks  'to save money'   the Club is in Chaotic turmoil

rayjsj replied on 22/05/2023 17:06

Posted on 22/05/2023 17:06

Tinners  what ever happened to a 'smooth changeover' From one system to another? And what happened to my lost weeks of full WiFi cover from Air Angel?  

GEandGJE replied on 22/05/2023 20:49

Posted on 22/05/2023 20:49

From what I understand it is BT who have been unable to complete the change over of the WiFi coverage. Hopefully the club will be able to get some compensation from BT.

DavidKlyne replied on 22/05/2023 20:50

Posted on 22/05/2023 17:06 by rayjsj

Tinners  what ever happened to a 'smooth changeover' From one system to another? And what happened to my lost weeks of full WiFi cover from Air Angel?  

Posted on 22/05/2023 20:50

If you check down on the link provided by TW it does say you will be entitled to a refund. Be interesting to know what sort of system and who will run it when the new system is installed. Clearly light users won't pay and you will be able to use the free service beyond just accessing the Club's own website.

David

Tinwheeler replied on 22/05/2023 20:58

Posted on 22/05/2023 17:06 by rayjsj

Posted on 22/05/2023 20:58

I think we all recognise that CAMC isn’t known for smooth changeovers, Ray. The new forum in 2016 and the new booking system spring to mind. It’ll get sorted drekkly. 😀

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook