Looking for a campsite near Silverstone

cabbiemick replied on 03/01/2022 14:36

Posted on 03/01/2022 14:36

i was wondering if anyone knows a good camp site for f1 weekend for myself and my audistic grandson who loves f1 we will only be taking a tent thanks

compass362 replied on 03/01/2022 15:08

Posted on 03/01/2022 14:36 by cabbiemick

i was wondering if anyone knows a good camp site for f1 weekend for myself and my audistic grandson who loves f1 we will only be taking a tent thanks

Posted on 03/01/2022 15:08

There's a campsite within the perimeter of the Silverstone outer security fence itself, it's set over many acres of grass/woodland. 

I've used it myself since the 1980s. 

It's called Woodlands, they cater for tents of all sizes, caravans & Motorhomes.

It's located approximately 400 metre from club corner & they run a free  shuttle bus service from the campsite daily throughout the GP weekend.

It can be expensive but you don't have to go far to enjoy the action, book it with tickets through the Silverstone website or use BookF1. com.👍

My profile picture is from one Silverstone weekend. 

SeasideBill replied on 03/01/2022 18:35

Posted on 03/01/2022 18:35

+1 Woodlands, I’ve camped there, convenient for circuit and it does have facilities.

Another option is Whittlebury Park Farm, walking distance to the circuit, entry at Copse Corner & Becketts. Also has facilities. They used to operate a shuttle but not sure if that still applies?

All sites are very busy and expensive during major events - same applies to the circuit. LINK

compass362 replied on 03/01/2022 19:07

Posted on 03/01/2022 17:04 by cabbiemick

thanks compass do they have toilets and showers

Posted on 03/01/2022 19:07

Hi & yes they have full facilities, but as you can imagine they can get busy at times.

Evenings are the best time to shower because it's less busy, taking some wetwipes for a morning or wash was my solution then shower later.

Take plenty of bottled drinking water, it is provide on tap or bowser but again it can be busy at times.

F1 is an amazing experience live, the crowds, the speed, the smells & the overall atmosphere, enjoy every minute if you make it there. 

SeasideBill replied on 03/01/2022 20:27

Posted on 03/01/2022 20:27

re your comment about autistic grandson….if he has any issues with sensitivity to noise, campsites at motor racing events tend not to be quiet places. Expect noise and ‘antics’ well into the wee hours - it’s just how it is. 

cabbiemick replied on 04/01/2022 16:55

Posted on 04/01/2022 16:55

thanks for all your advice  my grandson is funcational autistic and is ok with noise i contacted woodlands they only have the party field left ive put name on waiting list for family field  they do have a disabled field my grandson is regersterd disabled but we dont think its fair to take a place as my grandson can walk ok

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook