Shower curtains

grin factor replied on 10/05/2022 20:27

Posted on 10/05/2022 20:27

Just had a break at the Thirsk racecourse site, and to my astonishment there were no shower curtains! They were there last year. Warden said due to Covid. Really? So, either you get your cloths wet, or as I saw someone do, get changed outside the cubicle.  I did a lot of research and can find no evidence that Covid is transmitted via a shower curtain. Seems crazy to me, lunacy as another chap told me. 

Where is the common sense these days? The personal responsibility? Surely this is going too far, especially when the majority of the country has been vaccinated.

nelliethehooker replied on 10/05/2022 20:48

Posted on 10/05/2022 20:48

I admit that I was surprised that there was no shower curtain at either of the sites we've used this year, but at neither did my clothes get wet as the water from the shower never got that far across the cubicle as to wet them when hung up on the door. Surely as they don't appear necessary it is better to do away with them so saving a tiny bit of money in not having to wash them or replace them when damaged.

Kasspa replied on 10/05/2022 20:57

Posted on 10/05/2022 20:57

I haven't been to any club site in the past 2 years that have had them.... yes they appear to have been removed due to Covid & to be honest I don't think they are necessary.....

The fixed shower heads in the cubicles point downwards & do not in my experience get my clothes wet regardless of if they are on the seat or hanging on the hooks.....

But then that could depend on how much clothing one goes to shower with!!!

EmilysDad replied on 10/05/2022 21:05

Posted on 10/05/2022 21:05

Covid presumably doesn't spread via curtains at the 'other' club. 🤷‍♂️

I'd prefer that the curtain was there to stop water from leaving the shower area .... the fixed set in the club showers is easily in range of the shower if no curtain.

JillwithaJay replied on 11/05/2022 11:02

Posted on 11/05/2022 11:02

Not seen shower curtains for quite some time now but I'm happy without them as I usually manage to lean against them when they are cold and wet.  Clothes and towel go on the hooks and wash bag goes on the little shelf and nowhere near the shower head.

RedKite replied on 11/05/2022 17:15

Posted on 11/05/2022 17:15

Just had a two site break no shower curtains and prefer them without and no the clothes did not get wet as plenty of hooks to put clothes etc.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook