Sandringham Estate Site

richardandros replied on 06/08/2023 12:25

Posted on 06/08/2023 12:25

Does anyone know what is going on with the above?  We usually go there for Christmas but when I tried to book it earlier in the year, it was shown as closed between (I think) October and April.  I found out later (either on here or in the Mag) that it was due to refurbishment of the toilet block taking place during that period.  We were a bit disappointed because we have been going there for quite a few years now and really enjoyed the atmosphere over Christmas.

However, this morning - and don't ask me why I looked - but I did - only to find that pitches were now available right over the  Christmas period.  Needless to say, a quick cancellation of other sites booked was done, and now we are booked into Sandringham for Christmas once moresmile

I just wondered if either someone had realised that the Club was going to lose so much revenue over what is a very busy period for that site - OR - is there a question mark over the renewal of the lease, thereby rendering an upgrade a waste of money?

trellis replied on 06/08/2023 12:41

Posted on 06/08/2023 12:41

I read on a CAMC related Facebook page that a member who has just left the site asked one of the wardens the same question,and was told that the refurbishment has been put back to next April . Make of that what you will.🤔.

richardandros replied on 06/08/2023 13:08

Posted on 06/08/2023 12:41 by trellis

I read on a CAMC related Facebook page that a member who has just left the site asked one of the wardens the same question,and was told that the refurbishment has been put back to next April . Make of that what you will.🤔.

Posted on 06/08/2023 13:08

Thanks trellis - at least that reassures me that it wasn't the booking system throwing a wobblyundecided

DavidKlyne replied on 06/08/2023 13:40

Posted on 06/08/2023 13:40

I think several refurbishments have been delayed  over time. I suspect it could be a delay in getting the required permissions and or finding a contractor able to do it in the time frame. But, at least good that you have got to go where you prefer to go.

David

flatcoat replied on 07/08/2023 08:26

Posted on 07/08/2023 08:26

Those of us involved in construction and development know one of the biggest problems that’s days is with time taken to get planning consent. If the consultants are not on the ball then it can take even longer. There is a myriad of issues that can lead to problems and delays with construction projects that have only got much worse since Covid. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook