Roadworks - A530 Cheshire

ABM replied on 02/05/2022 22:01

Posted on 02/05/2022 22:01

For general advice :--

Should anybody be considering travelling down the A530 from Middlewich past Leighton Hospital towards Nantwich   --- PLEASE Check your route very carefully because there are roadworks lasting circa 80 { yes EIGHTY } weeks commencing in the very near future !!

Wherenext replied on 02/05/2022 22:50

Posted on 02/05/2022 22:50

Thanks Brian.

It was a remote possibility for a return leg home to North Wales in Summer but now a non existent one!

Will bear it in mind for future as well as we do sometimes cut across near that part of the world if there are traffic jams on the M6.

ABM replied on 02/05/2022 23:24

Posted on 02/05/2022 23:24

Well I seem to remember a conversation along these lines before --  Did you not get directed from Sandbach on the M6 round the southern Bypass (??) of Crewe and wonder where all the miles had come from  innocent

Apart from the general chaos I see they intend inserting about 6 blooming round-a-bouts to further confuse the patients  surprised

Wherenext replied on 03/05/2022 20:32

Posted on 03/05/2022 20:32

I used to work the area many years ago so tend to know what to expect on the differing A roads and we have been diverted along a few different routes with the caravan in tow but it's always good to know where to avoid.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook