Price drop on over 1.5 million pitches

RowenaBCAMC replied on 12/10/2023 16:08

Posted on 12/10/2023 16:08

Great news – we've lowered the price of 1.5 million pitch nights at 60 UK Club campsites, so you can now get away for less in 2024*!

Plus, book by 31 December 2023 and you could save an extra 10% with our 2024 Getaways offer^!

So whether you’re looking for somewhere new or heading back to a favourite spot, you’ll find a campsite that’s just right for you, at a new lower price!

Find out more HERE

LLM replied on 12/10/2023 16:26

Posted on 12/10/2023 16:26

😕 Very confusing saying both here and in the big ad "Price drop on 1.5m million pitches" when in reality it is "Price drop on 1.5 million pitch nights".  Just saying 😉.

Ch4d replied on 12/10/2023 17:36

Posted on 12/10/2023 17:36

Why do we have to cancel and rebook to get the lower price?

If I cancel, then what guarantee is there that the place wont be taken by somebody else, too risky on busy sites!!!

Why cant the lower price just be applied automatically or the booking simply refreshed at the lower price.

I'm sure if there were any increases these would be automatically applied!!

Wherenext replied on 12/10/2023 19:19

Posted on 12/10/2023 19:19

Might be a good idea to acquaint whoever formulated the geographical list that:

Buxton, Poolsbrook and Carsington are in Derbyshire, Blackshaw in Staffordshire, Sutton-on-Sea in Lincolnshire and Clumber in Nottinghamshire. None of them can be found in East Anglia.

Similarly Southport is neither in Wales or the Midlands. Try the North West!

May not seem important but I'm sure the odd person will just check under their regional catch all area description.

Not exactly the first time in the CAMC staff that an understanding of where places in the UK can be found has been found wanting. A bit lazy as all of the answers easily found at your fingertips.

martyn stoke replied on 12/10/2023 19:44

Posted on 12/10/2023 19:44

If I cancel do I have to claim my deposit back and then start all over again with another deposit, why not just ammend the bookings that have been already made. Also if I cancel there's the possibility of loosing the booking altogether.

Why do the club make such hard work of everything they do, the sooner a change of management is made the better for all concerned because the current management are destroying what was once a very well run members club

Hja replied on 12/10/2023 19:55

Posted on 12/10/2023 19:19 by Wherenext

Might be a good idea to acquaint whoever formulated the geographical list that:

Buxton, Poolsbrook and Carsington are in Derbyshire, Blackshaw in Staffordshire, Sutton-on-Sea in Lincolnshire and Clumber in Nottinghamshire. None of them can be found in East Anglia.

Similarly Southport is neither in Wales or the Midlands. Try the North West!

May not seem important but I'm sure the odd person will just check under their regional catch all area description.

Not exactly the first time in the CAMC staff that an understanding of where places in the UK can be found has been found wanting. A bit lazy as all of the answers easily found at your fingertips.

Posted on 12/10/2023 19:55

This is actually quite appalling for an organisation like the CAMC. Doesnt anyone proof read these things?

DavidKlyne replied on 12/10/2023 20:04

Posted on 12/10/2023 17:36 by Ch4d

Why do we have to cancel and rebook to get the lower price?

If I cancel, then what guarantee is there that the place wont be taken by somebody else, too risky on busy sites!!!

Why cant the lower price just be applied automatically or the booking simply refreshed at the lower price.

I'm sure if there were any increases these would be automatically applied!!

Posted on 12/10/2023 20:04

Plus all that cancelling and rebooking also puts a strain on the system? I can only imagine that there is no option within the system to make such changes as logical as it would seem.

David

Simon100 replied on 12/10/2023 20:52

Posted on 12/10/2023 20:52

Rather than the stated reason that it is to help us all with the rising cost of living; am I the only one who has a sneaking suspicion that the price reductions are a recognition by the club that their pitch prices are currently too high compared to the competition! 

LLM replied on 13/10/2023 07:32

Posted on 12/10/2023 20:52 by Simon100

Rather than the stated reason that it is to help us all with the rising cost of living; am I the only one who has a sneaking suspicion that the price reductions are a recognition by the club that their pitch prices are currently too high compared to the competition! 

Posted on 13/10/2023 07:32

100%.  The light has finally dawned.  Unfortunately it's very grey, dull and overcast 🙄.

Incidentally, to which part of the overall booking price do the reductions apply, all of it or just a lesser part?

SteveL replied on 13/10/2023 08:37

Posted on 12/10/2023 19:55 by Hja

This is actually quite appalling for an organisation like the CAMC. Doesnt anyone proof read these things?

Posted on 13/10/2023 08:37

Indeed. Buxton at 1300 feet above sea level is the highest site on the network. Including it in East Anglia is just bizarre.

peedee replied on 13/10/2023 08:54

Posted on 13/10/2023 08:54

I find it bizarre they haven't applied a flat rate across all the sites. It remains to be seen whether the reductions will be enough to attract members back. Judging what I am currently paying on a commercial site against the price of a Club site just a few miles away, the reductions, what ever they are applied against, won't be enough.

peedee

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook