Pandy Site Upgrade

watto64 replied on 29/12/2022 10:51

Posted on 29/12/2022 10:51

Pandy is a site that has needed upgrading for a long time, and at last it is to get a refurb.

The downside is the conversion of the existing 5 larger hard-standings to  fully serviced so increased costs to stay on pitches suitable for larger outfits, a number of new pitches are to be created as fully serviced or all weather pitches, so assume grass with plastic matting.

All this site needed was the new toilet facilities, existing hard standings to be increaed in size to accommodate the ever increasing size of outfits and the road widening. Did the club ask what the membership wanted - no.

The article in the magazine refers to creating 9 new serviced pitches, they forgot to mention at the expense of existing hard standings.

I really think club leadership should stay at sites as part of any upgrade decision making process.

Tinwheeler replied on 29/12/2022 12:32

Posted on 29/12/2022 12:32

"I really think club leadership should stay at sites as part of any upgrade decision making process."

Perhaps they do. There’s no way of knowing. Opinion varies as to what pitch provision 'should' be and others will disagree with you. 

Cornersteady replied on 29/12/2022 12:39

Posted on 29/12/2022 12:39

Did the club ask what the membership wanted - no.

When did the club ask the membership about this site's upgrade or indeed any upgrade?  But how do you know what the membership wants?

They just do what they think is best based on the data they have I would imagine.

As a member I've fully in favour but I wasn't asked.

DavidKlyne replied on 29/12/2022 14:38

Posted on 29/12/2022 10:51 by watto64

Pandy is a site that has needed upgrading for a long time, and at last it is to get a refurb.

The downside is the conversion of the existing 5 larger hard-standings to  fully serviced so increased costs to stay on pitches suitable for larger outfits, a number of new pitches are to be created as fully serviced or all weather pitches, so assume grass with plastic matting.

All this site needed was the new toilet facilities, existing hard standings to be increaed in size to accommodate the ever increasing size of outfits and the road widening. Did the club ask what the membership wanted - no.

The article in the magazine refers to creating 9 new serviced pitches, they forgot to mention at the expense of existing hard standings.

I really think club leadership should stay at sites as part of any upgrade decision making process.

Posted on 29/12/2022 14:38

Creating new serviced pitches is often at the expense of existing hardstandings right across the network. Serviced pitches are very popular so its possible that people currently using the ordinary hardstanding would like to have an option of a service pitch if it was on offer? Also the positioning of serviced pitches seems to depend on where the nearest services are which is often not far from a toilet block. The club can probably judge by the demand for certain pitch types via its booking statistics so no real need to canvas members everytime they do a site refurbishment? Don't forget that a refurbishment will probably last for 15/20 years so they will use their past experience to get decisions as right as possible.

David

JollyKernow replied on 29/12/2022 15:40

Posted on 29/12/2022 10:51 by watto64

Posted on 29/12/2022 15:40

Good Afternoon

RE your last sentence. I know the DG, the Chairman and at least 4 others on the executive committee and at least 4 regional managers all use their caravans / motorhomes on our sites.

JK

MikeyA replied on 30/12/2022 14:39

Posted on 29/12/2022 15:40 by JollyKernow

Good Afternoon

RE your last sentence. I know the DG, the Chairman and at least 4 others on the executive committee and at least 4 regional managers all use their caravans / motorhomes on our sites.

JK

Posted on 30/12/2022 14:39

I bet they don't pay the full price. laughing

replied on 30/12/2022 14:50

Posted on 30/12/2022 14:39 by MikeyA

I bet they don't pay the full price. laughing

Posted on 30/12/2022 14:50

The user and all related content has been Deleted User
near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook