Old Hartley refurbishment

nelliethedog replied on 13/06/2024 11:04

Posted on 13/06/2024 11:04

Hi all, does anyone know if levelling up of pitches is part of the refurbishment going on at Old Hartley? . We visit there every August and while we love the site and surrounding areas some of the pitches are very uneven.

DavidKlyne replied on 13/06/2024 16:43

Posted on 13/06/2024 16:43

The only information I can find is what is published on the Old Hartley site page which is:- Old Hartley Club Campsite will be closing at the end of 2023 season and will undergo a major refurbishment over the winter period. This site will have a delayed provisional reopening date of 5 July 2024 (subject to completion of works).

I suppose you can read anything into that? I seem to recall that it was the Toilet Block and Site Roads that were being refurbished but the note suggests something larger? Certainly the pitches do need attention as they are not very good for motorhomes.

David

Ernie S replied on 17/06/2024 11:21

Posted on 17/06/2024 11:21

I walked past it a couple of weeks ago and there was no evidence of any additional pitch leveling having taken place.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook